Chapter 17

My alarm went off at 7am, and it was A Day to Remember, Have Faith in Me. So I went to bed and woke up to the same song. I smiled as I rolled over and kissed Randy lightly on the lips. He slowly woke up and pulled me closer to him. I smiled before pulling out of his arms and getting out of his bed. Thanking God, I don’t get hangovers. I jumped in the shower, and after I put my glasses on, hair up and put on some yoga pants and a tank top. I would find a shirt right before we left.

    Randy took his shower and put on a pair of black pants and he brought his shirt downstairs to put on right before we left. I made a light breakfast of eggs and toast before running upstairs and getting my last few things before we head out. I grabbed my flip flops and a random shirt from the closet.

    I ran downstairs grabbed my purse, locked the door and head to the car since Randy was already sitting in the passenger seat, smirking. I sat in my seat, buckled up, turned the car on and radio before pulling out and finally looking at Randy, who was still smirking.

    “What?! Oh and you have your id right, because you need it to pick up Brit.”

    “Yes I have it, and I was just admiring how good you look in my shirt.” At that mention I finally looked down to see the shirt I grabbed. True enough it was Randy’s but hey I was hurrying so we would be there on time since according to online Kenzie’s plane was running early.

    I drove us to the airport; and after going through security we got to her arriving gate right as her plane pulled into the terminal. I smiled and had my id ready because I couldn’t wait to see her smiling face. We stood by the queue lines and a huge smile came on my face as the first people came out. Randy wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me still, while we waited. After what seemed like a million people I finally saw one of the stewardesses come out with Kenzie. Kenzie ran up and jumped into my arms. The stewardess handed Randy her carryon bag and I showed her my id. It was just now 11 so all 3 of us went down where Brit’s plane would be.

    We all sat at the gate for 20 minutes before the plane pulled up into the terminal. Randy stood up anxiously and I stood up with him bringing Kenzie with me. I grabbed Randy’s hand and stood there being strong for him as the first people walked out. And after a few minutes another stewardess came out with who I assumed to be Britney. She ran up and I let go of Randy’s hand as he picked her up and kissed her head. I took Brit’s carry on as Randy showed the lady his id.

    And all 4 of us walked out of the airport and towards my car. We got everything settled and everyone buckled up before heading home. During the entire drive I heard the girls talking in the back. Well mostly Kenzie since she was just like her mom, anxious and talkative. And I held Randy’s hand the entire time. We pulled up to the house and Kenzie was so excited, she loved my house, (I never understood why) and Britney looked apprehensive. I grabbed the bags as Randy got the girls and we all walked towards the house.

    “Kaity, are Britney and I sharing a room? Oh I really hope so don’t you?” McKenzie asked. “Yeah”, Britney said softly.

    I looked at Randy before turning back to Kenzie before opening the front door. “Kenzie why don’t you go upstairs and show Britney your room. Remember where aunty Roxy and uncle Carlos’s room was. That’s your room now.”