Chapter 22

We all woke up around 10, got dressed and decided to go Christmas shopping, since Christmas was in a few weeks. We got in the car and ‘Springsteen’ played off of my ipod. I rolled the windows down and since Randy was driving I put my head back, sunglasses on and sang along. About halfway through the songs Randy reached over and grabbed my hand and sang along with me and the girls.

    When the song was over I turned the music down and turned around to talk to the girls about our game plan for today.

    “Okay chicas, how do we want to shop today?” Kenzie answered first

    “I want to shop with you first” I nodded and when Britney looked sad I offered up an idea.

    “Okay girls, well with that in mind do you want to know what me and my mommy and daddy and brother did?” With an eager nod from both I continued. “Well, I would go with my daddy first while my brother went with my mommy. We had a spending limit and we would buy gifts for the other parent and sibling. Then we would all eat lunch together and then switch so I went with my mommy and Uncle Ian went with dad. What do you think about that?”

    Britney answered first this time, “Sure can I go with daddy first?”

    Randy looked at her in the rear view mirror and answered, “Absolutely”, She giggled and looked out the window. We were pulling into the outlet mall so I told the girls their limit.

    “Okay girls, you have 50 dollars to buy per person. So Kenzie can spend 50 dollars on each me, Randy, and Britney. And Britney has 50 dollars to spend on each dad, Kenzie, and me. Make since?”

    With a nod from the girls they joined their designated parent and we walked together in. Before we split I got Randy’s attention and pointed to my phone so he knew I would text him while we walked.

    We were about halfway down the first group of stores when I pulled Kenzie aside.

    “Okay Kenzie, what do you think you want to get Britney and Randy? And remember you are buying for them not yourself.”

    “For Brit I wanna get her a Barbie since she loves those and some other stuffs but definitely the Barbie. And for dad I don’t know.” I nodded and told her to lead the way I would follow her. We just walked into the toy store when I got a text from Randy.

Randy: Hey, so is it okay if we go over $50.

Me: For the girls buying keep them close to 50. If it is me or you buying we can go over. I got 100 from my parents for the girls and 50 from Roxy and Carlos for them. So since my parents are coming down the week before Christmas to have an early holiday. We will leave the girls with them one day and go shopping. Or go separately at night when the girls go to bed. Is that okay? Oh and what do you want silly? Kenzie can’t figure anything out and really neither can I

Randy: Sounds great, and I don’t want/need anything!

Me: You’re so difficult!

Randy: yup J

    We walked around for about an hour before meeting up in the huge food court for lunch. We ended up getting Brit 2 Barbie’s, a stuffed frog since that is her favorite animal. And a Barbie Princess video game for the Wii we have at the house. We got Randy, some funny shirts, a watch, and some cologne.