Chapter 3

Ok, this is the part that you all think we went to some fancy restaurant and fell in love, well not exactly. I laughed at our situation as we pulled into my favorite restaurant, Burger King.

    I laughed as I stepped out of the rental car he had, that I drove here. He started to drive here, but needless to say, I had to take over. We walked in and I got a chicken piece meal thing, and he got a whopper. We filled up our drinks got our food and sat down towards the back where we could watch the traffic and people outside.

    “So, can I ask you a question?” He inquired

    “You just did, but yes you can ask me another.”

    “Why did you punch Amber, my ex?”

    “Because I don’t like it when someone is so to say, kicked while down. And her attitude just had me on edge, plus my dad was in a marriage before my mom and the wife then bailed because she couldn’t handle the stress and it was a huge fiasco and I can’t stand it. And just everything about her just -” He contemplated it for a second before letting it go. Yet I didn’t, “Now, answer me this. Why would you stay with her if you knew she was cheating?”

    “Well, I guess like her, I thought things would get better.” I grabbed his hand and he looked up and into my eyes, “It will.”

    We sat there together looking into each others eyes for a few moments before I broke eye contact and he spoke.

    “So Kaity, I really know next to nothing about you. Would you do me the honor of letting me get to know you?”    

     “Yes, now let’s see where to start. You know my name and age, so I attended SDSU and have a degree in Business Administration/Management and Hotel management with a minor in photography.

    “Wow,’ he paused and I was momentarily scared, “you have a lot in front of you. You want to be an entrepreneur, what kind? And why your minor choices? What other hobbies do you have?”

    “I want to own my own hotel line one day but mainly like to be a admin in another company. And I’ve always loved taking pictures so why not? My hobbies are photography, dance, and shooting.”

    “Diverse, but shooting?”

    “Yeah I was in a Marine Corps JROTC when I was in high school and was one of the best shots there so when I got a small scholarship I just couldn’t turn it down. My family was so excited”

    “Who all is in your family?”

    “There is my mom, dad, my brother and half sister. There. Also, a lot more of extended family that my friends have come to place. What about you?”

    “I have my mom, dad, brother, and sister. Plus my wrestling family. Oh and uhmm,’ he rubbed his neck nervously before continuing, ‘I also have a 5 year old daughter.”

    I instantly smiled, “Awe, I love kids. They are the best things ever.”

    “Not when you have to wake up at 3 am after being on the road for 2 months.”

    “I guess, that’s why I don’t have my own, I have my friends so I can spoil them and then when they get annoying I can just give them back.”

    We laughed then sat in comfortable silence thinking for a long time. Then around midnight we decided we should head back to the hotel and I should head home.

    We had just pulled into self parking when Randy started talking in a nervous fashion. “Kaity, uhmm where are you staying tonight? And so in case I don’t see you before we leave later this week, can I, uhmm, have your number so we can talk?” You could tell he hadn’t done that in a while, by the blush on his face. I giggled like a little girl at how cute it was before answering.

    “I’m staying at my childhood home on the opposite side of town, and sure.” I grabbed a pen out of my bag and wrote my number on his hand. I got out of his car and went inside of the lobby to get a taxi called so I could get home.

    Randy came in after me and asked me to stay with him instead. I thought about it for a minute and finally came to a decision.

    “No, I just met you today. I don’t want to move to fast if this is going to amount to anything.”

    “Please,’ he grabbed my hand and pleaded though I have plenty of experience declining these antics from all my years babysitting and taking my friends out drinking. I sighed dramatically before squeezing my hand and letting his go.

    “No, Randy, I need to get home I have things to do in the tomorrow morning.’ The receptionist told me the taxi was waiting outside, I said thanks and headed out Randy of course in tow.

    I thanked him for the night and told him to message me, before I got into the taxi and went home.

    I got home climbed my stairs to the room I spent most of my childhood in and fell on my bed exhausted. I was too lazy to go and tell Roxy I made it in. So I just changed, took my make up off, plugged my phone in and took my glasses off and was almost asleep when my phone finally went off.

Randy: Goodnight Kaity

Me: Goodnight Randy

     And with that I fell into one of the best sleeps of my life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think?