Chapter 10

I woke up and smelt some yummy food coming from the kitchen. I grudgingly got up and went to my in suite bathroom to take my shower. I hooked my ipod into the stereo system before I got in. It happens that my ipod was on its wrestling play list so as I stepped into the shower Dolph Ziggler’s ‘Here to show the world’ started. I laughed and sang along to the parts I knew. By the time I was dressed in a pair of track jogging shorts, and a tight tank top, then brushed my hair out, the play list was ending and I stepped out of the bathroom. I walked into the kitchen smelling my favorite eggs and refried beans (What can I say, my aunt from Mexico gets a girl addicted after seeing her every few weekends during college) I turned the corner into the kitchen and screamed, Randy wasn’t standing there but a young woman with curly, black hair. Roxy screamed back at me as she jumped and turned around almost spilling the yummy concoction of food all over the floor.

    My heart was just starting to calm and I was about to say something when Randy flew through his bedroom door holding a bat yelling, “What’s going on?!”

    We stood there for a moment just looking at each other before I started laughing. Honestly this all was quite entertaining. I walked over to Randy, kissed him on the cheek and then finally told him to go get ready for the day it was almost 10. He walked back to his bedroom and then to the bathroom across from his room.

    I turned around and saw Roxy standing there flabbergasted. I walked over, once again laughing, picked up a tortilla dipped it into the beans, and took a bite before talking.

    “Pick your jaw off my floor Roxy, you’ll get make up on it and I’ll make you clean it up.”

    “Well sorry, I haven’t seen my best friend in almost 2 months and I come to surprise her, then she scares me to death, and then kisses her new boyfriend of which I knew NOTHING about.”

    “Sorry, Roxy Baby, I’m sorry I promise that I’ll explain everything just give me time. I’m still trying to figure it all out myself. Why are you even here? Don’t you have work and Mr. Weenie to take care of?”

    “Okay, I forgive my Taity Tates, and I’m here because my best friend is going to be wrestling I wouldn’t miss that for the world. And Carlos is here too, he is getting shipped out next weekend. So we figured we would spend the week with you and all that fun stuff.”

    At this point Randy was walking out of his room wearing loose basketball shorts, and no shirt. He walked up behind me and pulled my back to his chest before whispering in my ear, ‘Never scare me like that again.’ I shivered from the roughness in his voice before nodding my head. I got out of his grasp and sat on one of my island bar stool thingies. Then slammed my hands down and asked where my food was?

    Roxy laughed at me before setting a plate with tortilla, egg, and beans on it. I smiled and dug in, eating like I always do. Randy sat there as Roxy plated herself some food and sat down. I chuckled and stopped eating to formally introduce the two.

    “Roxy, this is my boyfriend Randy. Randy this is my bestest friend Roxy.”

    They said hello before Roxy set back into her food and randy sat there uncomfortably.

    “Randy, go get some food. Plates are in the top right cabinet, cups are in top left; silverware is in left drawer.”

    Randy got up and finally ate and when we were all done the clock was nearing 11:30.

    I started planning my day out loud like I have found to be a habit, as Randy stared at me and Roxy ignored me.

    “I need to pack some clothes for after, make sure ipod is charged, make fun of people, make sure phone is charged and take charger, snacks. And get Carlos’s gift signed by muchos personas.”