Chapter 45

We woke up the next morning alone in the bed with a note placed where Randy should be. I picked it up and read,

‘My dearest Kaity,

As you should remember tonight is our anniversary dinner. I have gone out to get some stuff for it tonight. You have a nail and hair appointment with my mother at noon to get you out of the house as I prepare it for tonight. Make sure you take your clothes for tonight with you. Be back and ready by 7

Love you always and forever,

Randy’

God, I totally forgot about tonight. I looked at the clock and it read 1130. Great, I ran downstairs and got a banana while I asked Elaine what our plan for the day was and what should I do.

“Elaine, so I was just informed we have nail and hair appointments in half an hour. I was also informed I have to take my outfit with us tonight. Is there any way I can fit in a shower now or anyplace I can shower after our appointments?”

“You don’t have time dear. Grab your stuff and I know somewhere you can get ready. And call me Mom.”

I smiled as I ran upstairs to pick an outfit. I decided with a mid-thigh blue dress, black belt and red shoes. I ran back downstairs and saw Elaine was already in the car. I met her there and we set out for our appointments.

I got my hair cut a few inches shorter and added some low-lights of dark blonde a few shades lighter than my natural highlights. I got it styled curled and it looked adorable. Elaine got hers cut and styled also accept much shorter than I did.

We were getting our nails done when I asked where the girls were and where Bob was.

“They are at the hotel where we are staying tonight so you and Randy can have the whole night together.”

“Thanks so much Elain- I mean Mom.” I got the look of death halfway through her name when I changed it to Mom.

We left our appointment around 3 with fresh short nail gel French manicure. We drove to the hotel where I saw the girls and Bob. They went down to the arcade in the casino part of the hotel while I got ready.

I re-curled my hair after my shower and got dressed and did make up before leaving the hotel room with Elaine driving me home around 630.

I arrived at 7 on the dot and Elaine smiled at me and shooed me out of the car and to the door before driving off smiling and waving.

I opened the door after knocking several times and not getting a response and my breathing and heart beat stopped.

When I looked inside I saw flower petals leading from the doorway up the stairs and to a room unknown. There were small lit candles leading along the sides of the petals the entire way too.

A small tear reached my eye as I walked up the stairs following the path of the roses to a room I never knew about. As I reached the stairs I could see a small note it read a single word, my name.

Halfway up the stairs was another, ‘You are the center of my universe’

At the end of the stairs, ‘I don’t think I’ll ever be able to live without you’

Halfway down the hallway, ‘We’re not ready for the real thing yet’

I reached a door and looked on it, ‘But..’

I opened the door to see a dimly lit room with 2 tables, one with a heart made of petals and candles around it. It also had a note that read, ‘I, Randy Orton…’

 I walked over to the other table where there were two chairs and Randy sitting in one of them. He was dressed in a casual black tux with a blue tie that matched my dress and a red rose.