Chapter 39

Randy stood up as he saw me and he walked towards me. John stood up and moved me out of the doorway and grabbed Randy and was dragging him.

    “Well I’m going back to the hotel you two should head out too. Discus it tomorrow tonight has been stressful. Come on Randy we are rooming together let’s go. Kaity we will see you tomorrow on the bus to Jefferson City.”

    Randy didn’t budge; it has been almost an hour since I saw him. All the emotion from what he said and what has happened lately has killed me emotionally. I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands as Randy stood there looking at me.

    Well Randy what did you want to say to me? Say it right here in front of me, god damn you beautiful man! Just say something already; I thought to myself.

    “Come with me.”

    “What?”

    Randy walked over and picked me up bridal style before carrying me outside by the trailers. Of course it is raining!

    Randy set me on my feet and backed me up against the wall. Randy put his arms on either side of my head and braced himself so he was over me and our faces were inches away.

    “Randy –“

    He cut me off with his lips against mine and it felt like bombs going on around us way more powerful that some stupid fireworks.

    “Kaity I am so sorry for everything, I know it doesn’t make it any better. But damnit I love you so much. And if I could take back that stupid spur of the moment decision I would with no doubt. You don’t understand how much I hate myself because of that. And you most likely can’t take me back and I guess I would have to get over that, but we can’t end like we did.”

    “I agree we can’t end these weeks have seemed like years I can’t stand that and kissing you earlier was enough to draw me back for more and I was going to talk to you soon I couldn’t get around it.”

    “I love you”

    I looked down and away from Randy as I spoke. “I don’t think I can say that to you right now until we get back to where we were.”

    “So you are willing to take me back.”

    “Yes I am but we are going to have to work on this more than ever. Especially with this story line, but you know I’m not changing who I am or what I stand for. You pull this shit again and you are gone.”

    Randy smiled that smile that warms my heart and pulled me out from the wall and directly into the rain where he lifted me up and twirled me around in a hug before setting me on my feet. While the rain was beating around us he leant down as I rose on my tip toes and our lips met sweetly.

    “I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

    I knew this was going to be hard from the word go but this puts a new definition to ‘you have to work for what you want’.

    Randy and I walked out and got a cab to the hotel and we walked up to John and Lily’s room so we could all talk, since they are the two who have gotten us through this.

    We knocked on the door and when Lily answered she smiled and called back to John that we are at the door and there is no visible blood or aggression marks. John came running behind his wife and looked at the pair of us. He looked us over and started smiling when his eyes reached our hands that were loosely held together.

    John and Lily invited us in and we sat on the bed towards the headboard while they sat at the foot.

    “So,’ John stated, “you two I guess worked it out.”

    “As much as we can, I mean two head strong people can only work out things so well. That is why we have friends like you two. By the way thanks for taking care of both of us while we were separated and loosing our minds.” I told them while I looked up at Randy.

    We all laughed and spent the next few hours talking about what we need to work on and how we should do things from now on. Randy and I will have to talk about what we don’t like that the other does, and when we get in a fight after a few hours one of us has to break and talk it out, no ifs-ands-or buts about it. Also that we will have to spend more time with friends than just with each other or we will fight and such. Around 2am we left our friend’s room and Randy walked me to mine. We stood in the doorway when I asked a question that has been on my mind since we got back together hour earlier.

    “Randy for our anniversary do you want to use the old one since we would already be at our 6 month next week. Or start new?”

    “I don’t think a date is important, I think we should just take them at a pace we like without the stress of knowing it has already been 6 months or something like that.”

    “But dates are cute because then we can officially say we are 6 months or a year or 20 years together.” I explained

    “Then let’s pick a date right now, our old one in August is fine with me. But we took a pretty extensive break so maybe today would be efficient.”

    “How about we use the old August anniversary as our official but we can treat this one as a get out of work and family vacation because it is our quote unquote ‘anniversary’.” I winked and he smirked at me.

    “Yup this is why you are my favorite person.”

    “Whatever lover boy, well I have to get some sleep and so do you so I’ll see you tomorrow.”

    Randy gave me a hug goodnight and walked towards the elevators since his room was a few floors above mine. I went and got in the shower to get the sweat and rain off of me. When I got out and got in bed I had 1 text from Randy.

Randy: Goodnight Kaity, sweetest of dreams.

     I smiled sent one back before falling asleep

Me: Night Randy, to you too

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are they back together?!