Chapter 13

We got up the next morning and drove straight up to Idaho where my family was already gathering and getting things ready. We dropped our stuff off at the hotel before going to the funeral home to discuss with them. The urn was picked and date set for her funeral, it would be Sept 6, 3 days away. It was almost dinner time when we left having flowers picked, church picked, and everything ready for the funeral in a few days.

    We were walking out when I got a call from Detective Brown,

    “Hello Kaitlyn yes we found another note, we had to open it. It said that McKenzie was with her father but is going to your aunts on the 3rd which would have been today. It also said that you are the god mother and have full custody over her. Off the record we did talk to her lawyer and that is true. We thought you should know thank you.” And with that he hung up.

    My God, through all of this I completely spaced McKenzie, her 5 year old daughter. Let it be that she is rarely with her mother since she has been on tour singing and on set for her movies; I haven’t seen her in a year or so. My God.

    We drove solemnly out into the country side where my Aunt and Uncle live and where the family dinner was tonight. I laughed as we pulled in and I saw familiar people around smiling. The dogs were running around, kids and grandkids playing in the grass; grandparents were sitting on the porch talking, moms in the kitchen, and dads in the yard talking and drinking. I smiled and Randy grabbed my hand.

    “Looks like I don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to meet your family, though I wish it weren’t under these circumstances.”

    I smiled at him before getting out of the car and grabbing his hand before walking around to the back porch where the majority of the family was. I looked up at Randy and saw the shock on his face when he saw my ENTIRE family. I was spotted my little ones first as they ran up and hugged my legs. McKenzie called out for me as I ran up and picked her up as the others gathered round. I had 2 nephews that were 8 and 6, 1 niece that was 4, plus little McKenzie that didn’t know what was going on; they all loved Randy. I saw my brother and sister-in-law, my parents, aunts and uncles then grandparents. And even with quick introductions to everyone it still took until dinner was ready to meet everyone. We all sat down with our food before grabbing hands and praying.

    We said amen and all set into different conversations. I was cutting McKenzie’s food while Randy was talking to my parents, grandparents, and brother.

    Obviously they hadn’t been watching wrestling since I moved out because it is kind of evident who he was and the fact that nobody knew him was pretty humorous.

    My grandfather started, “So Randy, what do you do for a living, and how did you meet my favorite granddaughter?” I laughed and talked back before Randy could answer, “Flattery will get you nowhere Papa!” I giggled with McKenzie before waiting for Randy’s answer.

    “Well sir, I am actually a professional wrestler and have been for the past 10 years or so. And I met your beautiful granddaughter on her birthday when she came to one of my shows, I saw her and I couldn’t get her out of my mind the entire match,’ by this time the entire family was listening to him, ‘So when I won, I walked over to her to talk, though she didn’t notice me at first and was laughing with Roxy. Her voice was heart stopping, and I needed to talk to her. Yet being who I am, I couldn’t so I picked her up and carried her to the back.’ Everyone laughed at me as my face redden at this part. ‘We went back and we were escorted to the COO’s office. Where my at time wife, soon to be ex-wife stood. She yelled and pulled back to hit Kaity. I stepped forward and that was it for Amber. She started screaming and I was visibly breaking down not knowing what I did or what I was going to do. Then Kaity started yelling at Amber about being rude and then Kaity punched her. Then she turned on her heel and left leaving a huge red mark on Amber’s face. Amber gave me the papers for divorce I signed and she left in a huff.’ The entire family was still silent including the kids, ‘I took Kaity out for Burger King that night and got her number and then went to bed.”