Rage (Part Two)

Author's Note:

woo hoo here's part 2 to the previous chapter! also ik i keep shamelessly promoting but CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOK TOO :)

love u guys, thank you for 975k (that's genuinely insane like uhm a whole 975,000 reads bruh i'm absolutely jungshooketh) 💜

-------------------

"Namjoon you blithering idiot!" Jin yelled.

"What?" Namjoon deadpanned.

"Have you lost your mind?" Jin asked. By now, every single member had gathered in the kitchen and dining area.

"What just happened? Where's Jae?" Taehyung asked, uncaring about the obvious tension in the room.

"She left." Jungkook's voice sounded broken as he choked out the words. "She didn't, she, I," he stuttered over his words. "She flinched so hard when I tried to comfort her."

"Why did she leave?" Hoseok asked.

"I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that Jin and Namjoon were just yelling at each other," Yoongi said.

Jin finally spoke up saying, "This absolute moron. This fucking asshole. She's gone because of this absolute fool and his inability to deal with his stress properly." He shoved a finger into Namjoon's chest to emphasize his point.

Jimin was still confused. "Can someone please just tell us what just went down?"

"Jae had a deadline for some song today and she was close to finishing. But our oh-so-wonderful leader decided to be a bastard and yell bad things at Jae and make her cry and run out," Jin summarized.

"You called her a problem. Jae's not a problem. She's the best thing that's ever happened to us. And you made her run out like that. She never flinches when any of us touch her, she didn't even want to be near me. What have you done?" Poor Jungkook was on the verge of tears, never having faced a situation like this. Jae was like his other half. Seeing her cry and get yelled at and then reject his touch made him want to scream, yell, cry, and punch something all at once.

Jungkook couldn't stand to be around the man that had made Jae cry like that so he abruptly left, slamming the door to his shared room and falling into the bed that still smelt of her.

Meanwhile, Jin was still seething and the remaining members of the maknae line scrambled to keep him from getting into a physical fight with the leader. Yoongi and Hoseok turned to Namjoon.

"I just don't understand. Why would you say things like that? And she was clearly stressed out and working on it Joon. You know she'd never overlook a deadline. That girl ruins her own mental and physical health just to ensure she's putting her best work forward. You know this," Hoseok said with a disappointed tone.

Namjoon had finally calmed down as he listened to Hoseok's words, processing what he had said.

"On top of that our deadlines are somewhat flexible given the situation and how far we've come with the work. If she was almost done then I'm sure the company would've given her a little bit extra time to perfect things," Yoongi reasoned as well, running a hand over his face and huffing out of frustration.

Namjoon had zoned out by the end of Yoongi's words and slowly came to the realization of what he had just done. He looked up at where Jin, Jimin, and Taehyung were staring at their phones trying to call Jae and leaving frantic messages for the girl. Then he looked at Hoseok and Yoongi who continued to watch him with disappointed looks.

"I-I'm sorry. I was stressed and there's been a lot going on lately and I just," Namjoon took a breath, "I don't know what came over me. I know I shouldn't have yelled at her like that and I regret it. I'm sorry, I really am."

Namjoon started to tear up but Jin spoke from his seat at the kitchen island. "Saying sorry to us isn't going to bring her back and make her comfortable again. It's up to you to find her and say sorry to her because she's the one that really needs your apology. Until then, I certainly won't accept your apology."

Namjoon couldn't do anything but nod at his hyung's words. He was right after all. He had made a complete mess of the situation and it was up to him to fix it. Because of him, Jae had left, Jungkook was upset, Jin was angry with him, and the rest of the boys were on edge.

For the next week, Namjoon tried calling Jae and left her many messages, voice notes, and videos apologizing. She never read them and never called back, leaving the boys with an empty hole in their hearts as they awaited her return.

Jungkook spent the week moping around his room, refusing to let go of the hoodies that still smelled of her. The boys were restless and one night while they were all sat around the kitchen, Taehyung finally voiced what none of them dared to say.

"What if she doesn't come back?"