Bangtan Attic

Author's Note:

i was watching the attic ting for festa and i was so infired by everything they were talking about. i figured i would just insert jae into it lol and i feel like we need some jae and bts moments rather than just one or two members as i've been publishing recently. happy 6 years with BTS!!! (even if i'm a couple days late hehehe)

IMPORTANT INFO BELOW PLEASE READ BEFORE READING THE CHAPTER

please understand that i didn't include every single word of dialogue from all the other members cuz that would just make the chapter way too long. i don't mean this as disrespect to any of the members or anything like that, i just didn't think it'd be necessary to include everything. i simply chose a few portions that i felt were vital to making this chapter flow well. also do remember the focus of the book is kinda the "8th member" which is jae which is why there's a lot of stuff written for her and about her. it's a learning opportunity for readers to understand jae a little more. as the writer of the book i also enjoy channeling some of myself into the main character (jae) so chapters like this where i can kind of put in some info about me mean a lot to me. in conclusion, please don't leave any comments about how some of the members' dialogue wasn't included or how the dialogue is inaccurate or how there seems to solely be dialogue from jae. thank you and enjoy the chapter! (btw i absolutely recommend watching every single second of the video for festa. it's wonderful being able to hear them talk about themselves and how they've grown and their self-reflection)

-------------------

The group sat in front of a table filled with snacks as they filmed Bangtan Attic for this year's Festa. Jae sat in between Yoongi and Hoseok with her yellow crewneck and blue jeans on, matching the dress code that had been set for the show. They were all discussing questions that had been picked from the basket and they sat, talking about their childhood memories.

"Do you still believe in Santa?" Yoongi asked Jungkook as they talked about how they found out Santa wasn't real.

Jae's eyes widened as she butted in. "Santa is very real and he comes every year obviously," she said.

"Yes child, of course he does. Yoongi, shut up. Santa is absolutely real," Jin said, going with Jae's beliefs. The other boys chuckled as Yoongi sighed in defeat.

"Whatever the baby of the group says I guess," he said with a small smile on his face, "I'll even wait with you this Christmas Eve."

"Yay! Can we eat cookies and drink milk?" Jae asked innocently.

"Of course we can," Yoongi replied.

"Alright, let's move on to the next question!" Jimin said, reaching for the basket to pull out one of the folded pieces of paper.

"What makes you happy just by hearing it?" he read off the paper.

"Saranghae!" Jae yelled. The boys smiled fondly before Jimin replied with an equally enthusiastic yell.

"Love is a great thing to say, it makes you happy," Hoseok mentioned.

"To be honest, I like it when people say 'Have you lost weight?' I love hearing that," Namjoon said. A couple of the members hummed in agreement before Taehyung pulled another piece of paper out of the basket and read it aloud.

"What emotion do you often feel these days and why?"

"I'm trying to be more emotionless these days so that I don't feel happy or sad. I'm trying hard to keep my cool," Yoongi started the discussion.

"I think I'm the opposite from. I try to be more open about the emotions that I don't feel comfortable expressing. Things like frustration or sadness or anger. I have no problem with being happy and showing that but I feel like I burden others when I show some of my other emotions," Jae said.