Sore

Author's Note:

so i woke a few days ago super sore like my right forearm was in pain all day right because i worked out everyday for awhile and then i was like nah i'm not weak i've definitely been in worse positions which led me to think about the time i went snowboarding and woke up the next day literally unable to move

like i'm not even kidding fam my family went out for dinner that night and i couldn't even lift my fork to eat my damn pasta cuz i was that sore. i remember struggling to take clothes off and put them on when i showered and i genuinely had to give myself pep talks when trying to even put my foot into my shoe. i couldn't step into or out of the car and walking felt like some ridiculously insane circus stunt. it was the worst pain i've ever experienced in my life and it was all because every muscle in my body was extremely sore from my snowboarding and tubing adventures from the past 4 days

then that memory got me thinking about the time jimin couldn't perform because he was in pain from extreme muscle soreness and i couldn't even begin to imagine how magnified his pain must've been compared to my experience

and finally that led me to write this chapter where jae undergoes a similar experience. i just thought i could portray it well since i've been in that position before (trust me u don't want to ever experience that amount of pain i'm not even kidding i felt so helpless and weak and i was like do i really workout and train my body all for nothing and i genuinely cried cuz i felt like i couldn't do anything and that my time as an athlete was over or something ik ik i overreacted but i was scared fam i couldn't move anything and like i workout and play a sport regularly so that was scary af)

so i would rly appreciate it if no one made fun of anything in this chapter like this is genuinely what it felt like and a lot of this comes from my own experience and i'm genuinely not exaggerating with my descriptions and i'mma be big sad if someone says this is fake

that being said, enjoy the chapter sry for the long author's note hehe :)

------------------

Jae woke up unable to move. This wasn't the usual 'I don't want to get out of bed' inability to move. This was a case of 'I can't physically move my body.' To say she was scared was an understatement. Jae was a dancer and had been since she was young. Not being able to move was her worst nightmare and it seemed as though it had come to life.

She tried moving her legs slowly but every small motion sent an excruciating ripple of pain through her limbs. She felt it hit points in every single joint, tendon, and muscle. It took her almost five minutes to simply sit up on the edge of her hotel bed.

Jae tried to lift her arm and reach for her phone which was charging on a stand next to the bed. Four tries later, her fingers had landed on the smooth surface of the device and she grabbed it, pulling her arm back towards her body. The screen lit up and displayed a picture of her and the boys making funny faces while her eyes flitted up to check the time.

6:47. She was about to sigh but even inhaling deeply hurt her body. Before she knew it, tears were rolling down her cheeks as she moved her eyes around the room helplessly. Her lower lip trembled and she unlocked her phone, calling the first name she saw in her recents.

Jimin wasn't expecting a call from Jae at 6:50 in the morning. He knew that she would usually be showering and getting ready for their final checks before tonight's concert. Brows furrowed and questions on the tip of his tongue, he picked up the call. Before he could say anything, he heard a whimper and a soft sniffle. Jimin shot out of bed and shoved his feet into a pair of slides before walking out into the hallway with his sweats and t-shirt on, the outfit complete with a messy bedhead.