Taking a Tumble

Author's Note:

y'all wow i actually busted out another chapter who's proud lmao (that's code for i missed u guys so i wrote a chap so i could interact with y'all, please comment something and let's have a conversation hehehe). anyhoo here's a little compilation of some times when performances didn't exactly go as expected (come on it happens to everyone we all fall down nobody's perfect fam)

for those of u that still want a maknae line cuddles chapter i might do it idk yet i have a lot of other good ideas soooooooo we shall see fam. anyhoo love y'all, enjoy the chapter!

-------------------

1. Dionysus

It seemed as though Dionysus was a dangerous performance for all the members, not just Jae. Jungkook had hit his chin and almost fallen because of the moving chairs and Taehyung had mentioned his fear of the portion during which they all fell forward. Jae wasn't usually one to fear a dance, rather viewing it as a challenge and facing it head on. But it was obvious that the powerful dance may have been too much to handle for even someone as experienced as Jae.

She had been lucky enough to avoid accidents until their final showcase at Inkigayo. As always she performed flawlessly until she reached the part where they would have to get up on the table and do a forward roll off of it.

Jae's chair moved as she got up and when she got up onto the table, her foot caught in one of the chair's legs. She fell forward, barely catching herself with her arms before her face could hit the table's surface. However, it wasn't enough to stop the momentum from tripping and she rolled over the table, landing hard on her lower back.

Jae winced in pain but continued to perform as if nothing had happened but the members had definitely noticed when she wasn't in sync with the rest. Jimin and Yoongi looked back several times, checking on their youngest member subtly as they finished the performance.

2. DNA

It had been a long day of promotions, filming, dancing, singing, performing and working for the group. Everyone was tired and the youngest was no exception. The final event before they could go home and rest was a performance of their new song, DNA.

Each member continued to put every remaining ounce of their energy into the performance, finishing with a flourish as they got into their final formation. Jae was second to last in the line, between Jin and Taehyung. Just as she stopped moving, the weight of the past couple tiring days came crashing down and she pitched forward. She would've fallen if it weren't for Taehyung grabbing her arms and holding her up.

The lights dimmed and the group was signaled to exit the stage and Jae immediately turned to fall into Taehyung's arms, absolutely exhausted from the nonstop activity. He enveloped her in a hug, stroking her hair and closing his eyes, whispering against the girl's temple.

"I know baby, I know. It's been a long few days. Come on, let's go. Time to go home and we can finally sleep all we want," he said. The entire group collapsed into the car after changing into casual clothing and not a single member was left behind as they all drifted into deep sleep, leaning against each other as they rested.

3. So What

Jae had a little solo section during the performance of So What during which she got to perform a couple b-boy stunts. As the beat built up, she would do a few air flares and right as it peaked before the drop she dropped into a freeze before getting back up and joining the rest of the group.

Although she had a bit of b-boy experience before, she had to train specifically outside of their usual practices for this move. The amount of core and arm strength needed for the move had led to many gym sessions and late night practices as she perfected the move and took precautions so that she could avoid hurting herself.