36 - The Choice.

I apologize in advance for the inaccuracies. My medical knowledge is very shallow.

CONTENT WARNING: mention of controversial topic/s

Arthit was advised by the doctor to stay in the hospital for a couple of days for observation. The possible explanation the doctor could give to the young male was that his excessive sleeping and loss of appetite might be a sign of extreme stress. If this continued, it could affect Arthit's health.

Despite the result, everyone was still worried even Bright's parents who came home just in time. They insisted that Arthit should stay in the hospital for a couple of days. Thinking about the cost of hospitalization, Arthit wanted to leave.

He was basically broke. He can't ask money from his parents. His mother basically wanted to disown him. He had no clue on his father's opinion.

"Can I just sign a waiver or something? I can't afford it." Arthit said to the doctor.

"Don't be silly. We'll pay for it. What's most important is your health." Bright's father stepped forward.

Arthit shook his head vehemently. "No. That's too much. You have already done so much for me."

Bright sighed and said one sentence that left every one of his friends speechless. "Our family is part owner of the hospital. Basically, there's nothing to pay for."

"And you're our son's friends. I'm sure that if you can, you'll also look out for Bright."

They won't take no for an answer.

In the end, Arthit accepted the offer. "Thank you for this." As he thought about it, accepting their help was the best thing right now. He promised himself that someday, he would repay their kindness.

Arthit can't fathom how lucky he was with his friends.

"My eyes are blinded at how rich Bright's family is." Toota couldn't help but comment. His boyfriend nodded in agreement while Knot looked embarrassed. Bright's parents were in the room and they could hear what they were saying. Knot has always been polite and well-mannered. His friends acting like this was... he would rather not say.

"Let's just be thankful for their help." Knot said to his friends.

Bright left with his parents and the rest of Arthit friends stayed with him. The first plan was to stay with him but then Arthit insisted to be left alone for that night.

As much as he enjoyed his friends' company, he needed some quiet time to himself to think. He need to process everything that has been going on in his life. Arthit had to admit he had been running away from his problems ever since that photo came out. He didn't want to deal with it and thus had him ending up in a hospital.

"I'm promise that I won't do anything stupid." He promised his friends, raising his right hand with his palm facing forward. He had forgotten how many times he made this promise today. He had to admit that he screwed up, but he's thinking more clearly now.

Toota and Prem crossed their arms, not liking the thought of leaving him alone. Knot on the other hand gave him a long hard look before letting out a deep long breath. "You better keep your word Arthit. If you need anything at all, we're just one call away."

"I will. Thanks again for being here. I don't know how I got lucky meeting you all."

It was so quiet when his friends left. For a moment, he thought that maybe being alone was a bad idea.

And then... his mother called.

He looked at the name on his ringing phone. These days all he got from his phone calls were disappointment and pain.