16 friendship rules and kisses

------

Kongpob leaned his head back and sighed heavily as the car exited the campus.

"You okay back there?" Jane asked worriedly, looking at Kongpob through the rear view mirror.

Physically, yes. He was doing fine. There were no injuries thanks to Arthit.

His heart however felt different.  When the attack happened, he could not do anything. The feeling of helplessness, it grips the heart as if it was slowly being crushed.

He unconsciously put his hand over where his heart was, massaging it, trying to alleviate the uncomfortable feeling. 

"Having troubles breathing? Should I take you to the hospital?"

"I'm fine. The whole thing was just starting to sink into me. " He smiled and looked outside the window, staring at the buildings they were passing by. 

"I've talked to the management and gave you an approval to rest for a couple of days."

His manager insisted for him to take a break but Kongpob was stubborn. Staying at home won't do anything except the growing restlessness from the incident. It won't do anything good. 

"I don't want to rest. Staying at home will just make me go crazy." He replied.

"Then go home and spend time with your dad. I'm sure he misses you." Jane suggested, driving straight back to Kongpob's small apartment.

At the mention of Kongpob's father, Kongpob's phone rang. He suspiciously looked at his manager who was turned all his attention on the road. 

"Hi dad" He warmly greeted his father. 

"Jane told me about what happened." Kongpob could hear the worry from his father's tone.

He raised a brow in his manager's direction and shook his head. He had forgotten to stop his manager from telling the incident to his father. His father was already old. Kongpob didn't want to worry his old man.

"It's nothing dad. I wasn't hurt. A friend of mine protected me. I have sent him home just now." Kongpob looked outside as his mind strayed back to the scene where Arthit covered him with his body to protect him.

"I see. Bring him next time to meet me. I would like to personally thank him. Take good care of your friend son. Even friends ditch their friends when there's trouble and yet he protected you. He's a hard find. When are you coming home? Jane told me that you'll be getting a couple of days of rest. It's been a while since you last visited."

"I'll be home before dinner. I'll pack a couple of things and head straight there." He was only a couple of hours (four at most when there's traffic) from his parent's house. 

"See you soon son. Take care."

------

Arthit feeling too much pain on his back with every step that he had forgotten one simple detail when he let his best friend, Knot help him to his room. 

It was already too late when he realized it. Knot was already supporting him to sit on his bed and had looked up. 

Knot made a pause at the large poster of a very known actor, Kongpob Suttiluck. It was a poster-sized picture on display on top of Arthit's headboard. Usually, Arthit would hide the poster under his bed whenever his friends visit. 

"I-...I can explain." Arthit stuttered, wide-eyed and embarrassed on what his friend had discovered.

There was a growing smile on Knot's lips but forced himself not to. He knew of his friend's temperament.