39 year 2

Tonight was one of the rare occasions where Arthit went home and joined his parents for dinner.

Nothing has ever been the same since his parents discovered his relationship with Kongpob. Although his mother pretends that everything's good, it really wasn't.

His mother never regretted the words she said. Arthit knew how strong-headed his mother was. Beliefs are hard to change and he never expected his mother to change.

Knowing this, all his smiles in this house had become forced. His house didn't feel like home anymore.

Arthit noticed that his mother prepared a lot of his favorite food. It had been months since he last visited. He had always made excuses for not visiting.

His father had always known why he kept avoiding home visits. They do not talk about it, but somehow his father understood.

Arthit made no comment about the food and ate his quietly. He ignored his unusually chatty mother and kept his head down.

"You should settle down Arthit." His mother said as they ate.

He stopped mid-chew and slightly frowned. He tried not to show any expression in front his mother.

The food in front of Arthit became unpalatable in his eyes. He put down his cutlery and looked at his father.

"I'm full. Thanks for dinner. I'm going to my room."

"You! Arthit come back here!"

Arthit closed the door to his room, blocking his mother's voice. He knew that his father would stop her.

He locked the door and leaned back on it. The voices of his parents became muffled, giving him some peace and quiet.

He sighed and wondered why dinner with his family became such a chore. It would probably take months before he would make plans to visit this house. This arrangement might be the best for them. At least he won't hear his mother's senseless naggings about getting married and his father would have enjoy peace.

Even after the voices in front of his room disappeared, he couldn't sleep. He shouldn't be surprised. This had become the norm ever since he stopped thinking of this house as his home. 2 years had passed.

He pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lighted one. Arthit picked up the habit of smoking. He opened the only window in his room while taking a long draw and breathing out slowly. White smoke wafted through the air.

He really fucked up, he thought.

He rested his arms on the window and rolled his eyes.

It's been two years and he's still waiting. He was tired of crying. He did that a lot during the first year and as time went by, he felt like his heart getting numb.

Arthit didn't know if he can another year.

-----

Just a short one before the most awaited end. 
I was planning on writing a KongArt oneshot for KongArt week but it's not going well.
Until the next one!

13F2021
musicbeatloves