31 Beach

Kongpob's home wasn't extravagant. It was a 2-storey house with a large yard. As Kongpob told Arthit, not much has changed since his parents bought the house. His parents thought that this would be their home for the rest of their lives and invested in a house with a large lot area.

"Kongpob!" Kongpob's father called his name with a smile as soon as he parked the car.

He got out of the car with a big smile on his face and gave his father a hug. Kongpob was the type to enjoy intimacy with family. Not once did he feel embarrassed about it.

"It's good to be home dad."

"You should come home more often. I missed you lots kiddo." Kongpob's dad patted his back affectionately.

"I'll try to dad. I brought a friend. He's very shy so don't scare him." Arthit was absolutely freaking out when he saw Kongpob pointing in his direction. He was totally unprepared. He couldn't even muster a smile to make a good impression on Kongpob's dad.

Arthit wanted to hide but Kongpob's dad was looking at him. He can't hide so he got out of the car timidly.

"Good morning por. My name's Arthit. I'm sorry for coming unannounced."

"No worries. I'm just glad that my son hasn't driven you crazy. It's a pleasure to meet one of his friends."

Arthit looked at Kongpob before replying to the younger man's father with a polite smile.

"You two must be hungry. I have breakfast ready. Let's get inside and catch up."

After a while, the nervous energy that filled his body eventually dissipated like a fog in the morning. He looked around the house as they walked to the kitchen. Most of the items inside were antiques and there was a wall dedicated to family photos. Arthit caught a glimpse of a smiling Kongpob's with one of his front teeth missing. He looked like he was about five or six years old. It was so cute that Arthit's cheeks were bulging in his attempt on trying not to smile much.

­"What? What is it?" Kongpob saw the smile on Arthit's lips. He followed the male's gaze but couldn't pin point which photo he was looking at.

"You still look cute even when missing a tooth."

"Ah..." A look of understanding flash on Kongpob's face. "My mom took that picture."

Kongpob looked nostalgic but at the same time melancholic when he mentioned his mother.

Arthit knew that she passed away a couple of years ago. He didn't dare ask more about it and kept the topic light.

"It's a good picture. Care to show me more?"

"Later. For now, let's eat. You'll love my dad's cooking." Kongpob boasted his father's skills.

Arthit thought he wouldn't be able to eat anything after what he ate in the car, but after he saw the food laid out on the table, his stomach made space for it. He ate in bliss. Kongpob's really was a great cook.

"You could get indigestion if you eat more P'." Arthit only stopped when Kongpob warned him.

"I don't know how you can be so slim when your father cooks like this. Being able to cook this well is a god-given gift. It's so good that I can't stop eating." Arthit almost wanted to cry. The meat just melts in his mouth and the vegetable tasted fresh and savory.

The face Arthit makes when he tastes something good was very cute in Kongpob's eyes especially when his cheeks were bulging with food. He looks like a chipmunk.

"You don't need to flatter me so much nong." Kongpob's father looks proud at the young man's words. "I could teach you if want."

Arthit frantically shook his head and confessed. "I have no gift in cooking sir. I'm afraid even if you teach me, I still might burn your kitchen."