39 my warmth

"Is this a free trial to hell?" Arthit complained about the heat as he walked briskly, maneuvering over the crowded streets.

It was another hot day in Bangkok and yet again, he was running late.

He was fortunate that his boss didn't mind a little tardiness as long as he did his job right. Still, he didn't want to give a bad impression of taking advantage of his boss' kindness.

He was sticky with sweat and his cheeks flushed. Wearing an all-black ensemble might have been a bad idea. He ran through the steep incline of the overpass connecting to the other side of the road where his company building was located.

A video was playing on the wall of a commercial building and his eyes caught the sight of a face he hadn't seen in person for almost three years now. His feet was glued into place and his body froze.

Kongpob's smiling face was the screen. He wasn't the only one who stopped. A lot of people paused to look at the male celebrity.

Seeing their reaction, Arthit couldn't help but smile a little. That man's popularity just kept on growing.

Arthit would be lying if he said that he was not jealous. He was jealous that others could love him freely. From time to time, he imagined the what-ifs. If they made the decision to stick together, would they still be happy together?

There's no way to answer to that. He can't go back to the past and change what has already been done.

He shook his head. It must be the heat affecting him. He thought of something silly.

He walked briskly, arriving at the office 20 minutes later than planned. His boss spotted him and he got an earful.

He didn't have time to worry about other things after the scolding as his co-worker gave him a barrage of tasks that were needed to be accomplished today. He ended up working overtime so that he could finish everything.

Arthit lifelessly looked at the time and pinched the bridge of his nose to relieve the tension he was feeling. He was so hungry and exhausted. He barely ate anything throughout the rest of the day. All he had was a sandwich his co-worker shared with him because he felt bad. They should have been finished with these tasks if they didn't procrastinate.

He unlocked his phone to look for something to eat. He was craving something substantial to fill his stomach. A beer would also be nice.

Arthit scrolled through the internet and came across a food blog with Kongpob's picture in it. He had been to this place and he had to admit that the food was delicious.

He hovered over the page for a while before his phone rang. Knot's name was on the caller ID. Arthit answered with his usual tone. "Hello?"

"Hi Arthit. You free? Drinks are on me so you better be."

Arthit laughed a little. Knot's timing was perfect. He had been thinking about getting a beer. "I'll never say no to free drinks."

He pressed the phone between his ear and his shoulder and tidied up his table.

"Great! I'm gonna pick you up. I'm not far from your building. Give me ten minutes."

Arthit ended the call. He raised his arms and stretched his back. Sitting on a chair all day was not good for his back. He would probably lay down all day during the weekend.

On the dot, Arthit received a message from his friend that he arrived.

He grabbed his things and made sure that everything was in order before he left his desk and met with Knot.