02 connect.

edited by  

All black ensemble. Tall, raven-haired and with eyes that any person could get lost in. Arthit was no exception. When he met Kongpob's eyes, he became lost in them.

Kong-freakin-pob just spoke to a mere commoner such as himself. His hands trembled with the downpour of emotions threatening to spill out of him. Arthit smoothly put his hands in his pockets so as not to be obvious.

"Really? I have dabbled in photography but I have never produced something that good. " Yes Arthit! You have spoken to him. Play it cool. Don't mess it up. His voice had somehow remained natural, not going off pitch like when he's really nervous or flustered. The gods have been kind to him today. He gave himself a mental pat on the shoulder.

He could imagine Kongpob smiling behind the black mask as he spoke. His heart made little flips at the thought of it. The way the male celebrity's cheeks puff slightly upwards told Arthit that he did smile.

It suddenly felt like there were only the two of them in the large exhibit hall that was filled with hundreds of people.

Kongpob pointed at the photoset he was looking at earlier.

"The first photograph was made purely by chance. When I saw that single flower that time, I knew I just had to take a picture. The second one came the same way; followed by the next. It then resulted in these six."

They were really beautiful. A single flower in black and white, brought to life with one click of a camera.

The tone of Kongpob's voice told Arthit how proud he was that his photos turned out well. Arthit didn't have the heart in him to point out that he just outed himself.

"Uh..." Arthit was unable to form a reply, scratching the side of his ear blankly.

Kongpob realized his blunder, pursing his lips behind the mask and letting out a laugh.

"Oops. I shouldn't have told you that." Kongpob lightheartedly said, scratching the back of his head nervously. He personally came alone without his manager's permission just so he could see people's reaction to his work.

"No worries, I'm not telling anyone." Arthit immediately assured the male, waving his hands frantically in panic. "A friend of mine is sort of a fan and I've seen a couple of pictures of you in magazines and stuff."

Arthit felt a bad taste in his mouth as he lied, conjuring an imaginary friend that doesn't exist. It would be the end of him if the male discovered that he was his fanboy. The thought of it was just so embarrassing that he would rather be eaten by the ground he was standing on.

"Well... thanks. I really wanted my day to be low key." Kongpob was just happy that he would be able to continue on his day without any trouble.

There was an awkward silence that fell after that. Arthit just didn't know what else to say. Actually there was a lot but he couldn't. He was pretending to be someone who wasn't a fan.

Not a fan... 😫 He sighed mentally. Why of all things was that what he said? Oh. He was too ashamed to admit the truth. There has always been a bit of stereotypes for fanboys especially for male celebrities. When people hear the word fanboy, they would immediately think, gay. It was not the case with Arthit, which is why he would rather lie and gather with secret fanboys in forums.

"I... it was really nice meeting you. I hope I can see your photos more often....

And take care."

Arthit forced himself to say goodbye. He wanted to stay longer but he did not want to look like he's taking advantage of the celebrity's time since he knew that he was Kongpob. Plus, he did not want his idol to think that he was some kind of weirdo by staying longer. His pride wouldn't be able to take it. If that happens, he might consider having his face changed.

For a moment, Kongpob put his mask under his chin to reveal that smile that has Arthit wanting to thank the gods for showing him the light. "I, too, hope to see your own work. I'm sure they will be great."

Arthit felt his face heat up, telling him that any more stimulation would lead to blood loss. With a lot of control, he kept his lips into a neutral smile and turned around, almost crying mentally with every step he made as he left. However, he did dare turn around to steal another glance at the male celebrity.

Don't worry Arthit. At least, you have met and talk to him personally. He mentally consoled himself and went to search for his friend, Prem.

He spotted Prem taking a picture with a female celebrity that gained attention after becoming popular through Instagram. It was one of the rare instances where Prem would let go of his disciplined personality and become more sociable. When it comes to photo opportunities with his favorite celebrities, the male wasn't afraid to ask.

Arthit envied that feeling to be able to express himself. But he wasn't like Prem. He's not the type to be outspoken nor the type to express how he feels.

It was just not in him.

======

There were still a lot of things to see at the exhibit that Arthit and Prem went home around 7 in the evening. It was a lot of fun and Arthit did learn a thing or two.

They still have two weeks left before the summer ends so Arthit was in no rush to get home. He enjoyed the night time breeze in the bus. (a/n: there are buses in some countries where there are 2 types: aircon bus and regular bus. regular buses don't have air conditioners and are much cheaper in rate.)

Arthit checked Instagram out of habit to see what the people he followed have been posting. Prem as usual posted about the exhibit. His other friends like Knot posted about his day doing sports. Bright was took a picture of himself in his new 'clubbing' attire. It was a flowery shirt that Arthit had seen old people in their 70s wear. And Toota for a change posted a seemingly innocent post- a banana. He thought his friend was going on a diet but the caption told him something different.

size matters #sizequeen

😑 Arthit couldn't help but shake his head at their antics.

As he scrolled down his feed, his hand stopped at kongpob_'s post.

Have confidence in yourself #fighting #susu

Arthit's jaw dropped when he saw the new post on Kongpob's Instagram. It was posted sometime after the exhibit closed for the day.

The man wearing a white hoodie and pale blue denim with his back in front of the camera was definitely him. He didn't think that the male celebrity would take a photo of him. At that time he left in a hurry, not wanting to make his idol uncomfortable.

No matter how much Arthit tried not to smile, it was too much for his heart to take. He felt like he was floating. He was so happy that he wanted to go crazy and scream his heart out.

Instead of doing what he secretly wanted, he typed something and pressed enter.

❤️

======

edited: found a decent pic 🙌
btw... chrome is having a tantrum with me when I was writing so switched to firefox.
Is anyone having the same problems as me?
Another thing.... I have seen singto with nongnham in insta, who is she?