30 Date Night

The process on going on a date... Arthit didn't expect it to be complicated. At first he thought he could wear anything that came to mind but as he was going through the motions he realized that there needed to be a lot more thought to it.

Arthit grimaced as he looked in the mirror for the fifth time. He felt underdressed for wearing a simple white shirt and jeans.

He was having regrets for not buying new clothes when he had the time. Looking at himself, it felt like he should have prepared more.

There wasn't much time left. He made last minute checks and he headed out.

Oon:

On my way.

Kongpob_:

Take care. Can't wait to see u.

Just a simple message from that special person, Arthit was unable to control the smile forming on his lips. It was automatic. His stomach felt light like he could almost float. The feeling was strange but not unwelcome.

Arthit found it hard to imagine that this date was really happening. It felt surreal, like some dream where he'll wake up any minute.

Kongpob welcomed Arthit with a big smile and that was when it really hit the older male that they were really on a date.

"Hello." What an awkward way to greet on a date, Arthit mentally made a face while he smiled.

Kongpob was in a black dress shirt and skinny jeans. His hair was sleek, in a hairstyle that Arthit often describe as Kongpob's bad boy hairdo. The younger man was looking very dashing even with an apron on.

"I'm just about to be finished with the food." Kongpob went back to the kitchen while Arthit made himself at home on the couch. He looked around and didn't see much change on the younger male's place except for a woven blanket with pillows in the middle of the living room.

"You could have ordered takeout you know."

"That would be impolite and I don't mind cooking. It's done! Can you help me set up the drinks? It's in the fridge."

"Okay." There were a couple of beers, lemon soda, pepsi, a bottle of wine in the fridge. "Which one should I get?"

"Whatever you want." Kongpob replied while putting their food on the spot he prepared in the living room.

Arthit looked at the selection of drinks and frowned. This was a lot harder than the exam questions from last week's exam.

A laughed from behind surprised the older male. Kongpob was already there. "You can pick the soda. No pressure P'. You can choose whatever you want."

Choosing the non-alcoholic drinks in the fridge, Arthit felt like it was a cowardly move. He made up his mind quickly and got the beers.

The younger male didn't say a word and just watched his P' bringing their drinks back to the living room.

They settled down on the blanket with Arthit laying comfortably on his stomach while the younger male sat in front of him.

For their date, Kongpob prepared beef Thai noodles and fried basil and pork. There was also dessert which was vanilla ice cream.

Arthit enjoyed to his heart's content. He would only admit it to himself that this was the best food next to his mother's cooking. He ate with gusto, relishing each bite.

The blissful look on the older male as he ate, Kongpob couldn't draw his eyes away.

"Stop staring and eat." The slight color on Arthit's cheeks only brought a bigger smile on Kongpob's lips.