Chapter 25: Birthday At The Burrow

Authors note: Before you start reading, y/n's birthday will be August 1st to make it easier to read. Enjoy!

Fred's POV:
The last week had gone surprisingly quickly. I managed to get to the shops without y/n so I could get her a special birthday present. It wasn't the Best but it was the best I could afford.

31st July started normal. We wrote and sent our birthday cards to Harry. After that me and Y/n managed to sneak some time together. We sat on the balcony for hours chatting, kissing and having a picnic

The sun had soon set and we had laid out under the stars. It was a perfectly clear night and the sky was shining with stars of different sizes.

"Their beautiful" y/n said as she looked up at the stars.

"Just like you" I said back. A blush and smile grew across her face.

"Your supposed to look at the stars. Not me" she joked.

"But it's the last time I'll look at my beautiful girlfriend being sixteen" I replied. It's crazy that she will be seventeen tomorrow.

"Your cute Freddie" she said to me as she burrows her head into me. I wrapped my arm around her and we laid there for 30 minutes more.

"I'm going to go to bed Freddie" she yawned "I'll see you tomorrow"

"Have a great sleep" I said as I kissed her. She went inside and I took a deep breath out. How did I get so lucky!

I then went inside, instead of going to bed I made my way downstairs where Mum and Dad were. Molly was doing her a cake and Arthur was working out how a balloon works.

Me and dad (but mainly me) decorated the entire downstairs for her birthday. I piled her presents on the table and inflated y/f/c (your favourite colour) balloons that made seventeen on them. I placed them either side and admired the work we done.

"I'm going to bed" I said as I yawned.

"Okay good night Fred. Remember don't let her downstairs tomorrow until I say" Mum said.

I nodded my head before going to my room to change in my pyjamas. I laid down in my bed and played her perfect birthday in my head over and over again.

I soon fell asleep hugging one of y/n's jumpers. I smelled in her scent, it made me fall asleep quickly.

Y/n's POV:
After I left Fred last night to go to bed, I changed and climbed into bed. Ginny was waiting up for me.

"Your very lucky you know" She said to me.

"I know. I have the best boyfriend" I replied with a smile on my face.

"Fred is lucky to have you." Ginny said

"I wonder what will happen tomorrow."

"Oh yeah it's your birthday" She gasped "your going to love it"

"So you know something?" I asked. "What is it?"

"Can't tell you. Goodnight" Ginny said as she turned around and went to sleep.

I sighed and laid my head down. I soon fell asleep because I was hugging one of his jumpers. I took in his vanilla and gunpowder and closed my eyes.

I woke up the next morning and I saw that I was alone in mine and Ginny's room. Today was my birthday, I laid there exited. I was seventeen now. I sat up and checked if Ginny was in the bathroom. She wasn't there either, I was about to get up and go downstairs when there was a knock at the door.

"Come in" I said.

The door flew open and Fred stood there still in his pyjama shorts. He had a smile on his face and walked on to take a seat on the end of my bed.