Chapter 47: The Twins Grand Escape

Fred's POV:

"How are we going to tell them?" I asked my twin worried. We have decided to not to tell y/n or Lee anything we had been planning. And now that me and George are leaving two days, we have to tell them somehow.

"How about you talk to y/n. I'll talk to Lee, and we should let them choose if they want to come with us or stay here." George suggested.

"Okay. Sounds good. I know that y/n/n will want to stay. She's determined to be an auror" I said.

"Let's go find them now" George said. We both rose from our seats but before we could start to walk we heard a knock on our door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Your girlfriend and Lee"

"HEY! I'm their best friend too!" Lee exclaimed causing me and George to chuckle.

"But they didn't put a promise ring on your finger." Y/n replied, knowing she raised her hand and wiggled her promise ring in Lee's face.

"Merlin, fine. Can we come in?" Lee asked, clearly defeated by y/n.

"Yes. You can come in." George replied holding in a laugh.

The two walked into the room, Lee was bright red and had clearly been defeated. Y/n had clearly won, shown by the cheesy grin plastered on her face. I couldn't help but smile at my wonderful girlfriends victorious smile, Merlin I fall in love with her every day.

"We need to talk to you." I said sternly. Y/n's smile had vanished and a look of fear grew onto her face. Lee had shared a similar expression but his face was no longer red.

"Lee can you come with me?" George asked. Lee nodded and left the room followed by George. Y/n and I sat on my bed. She rested her head on my shoulder and I snaked my arms around my waist, knowing it will probably be one of the last times for a couple of months.

"What's wrong Freddie?" She asked, nerves clearly audible in her voice.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you or Lee earlier" I said.

"Your making me nervous love"

"Me and George are leaving." I said hastily, unsure how she will react.

"What!" She replied. Her face turned sad, but her tone sounded exited for us.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier" I apologised again.

"No Freddie it's fine. But why are you leaving? There's only a couple of months left." She asked.

"We want to open the joke shop. We don't need NEWTs for that and we want to get away from toad" I replied.

"Well I'm proud of the both of you!" She replied, pulling me into a hug. I'm glad she supported us and our shop.

"Your welcome to come with us?" I asked, nearly sure of her answer.

"You know I would love to. But I'll stay, I need NEWTs to be an auror. But when are you leaving?"

"I thought you would stay. We're leaving in two days.

"I'll miss you" she said as I tightened my grip on her waist.

"I'll miss you more." I said. I mean how can I not. Here I am, a 18 year old boy, madly in love with the most perfect woman in the world. She's my everything and I can't imagine my life without her. I already know that one day I'll make her my wife. She will be y/n Weasley.

"I'm sure you won't." She replied.

"We'll see about that."

"I'll only let you go if you pick me up from the platform at the end of the year." She said with a little and hopeful smile on her face.