Chapter 40: Chritmas Shopping

Y/n's POV
About a week has passed since the truth or dare, Fred had constantly remind me about how my scar makes me look more beautiful, I appreciated him so much. Christmas is coming up but I have no clue what to get him, I want to get him something special but I don't know what yet.

We were down in the kitchen eating breakfast, I sat between the twins whilst we ate we were all discussing what to do today.

"Can we go shopping" Ginny asked her mum.

"I'm busy today. Sorry Ginny" Molly said. She had a long list to do before Christmas and had no space for shopping. Ginny have a sad look, as did Hermione.

"I'll take them, I need to do some shopping too" I suggested. Both Hermione's and Ginny's face lit up and cast a hopeful look at Molly.

"Are you sure y/n" Molly asked.

"Of course, we're in need of some girl time. I'm of age so I can protect us" I bargained.

"Okay fine. But you'll have to be back by 5:00pm because you and the twins need to decorate the tree" Molly said to me, I'm so excited to decorate but the twins don't seem as enthusiastic.

"Thank you mum" Ginny yelled. She then hugged her mum then she and Hermione grabbed my hand and pulled me up from my seat. The two dragged me upstairs to get ready.

I sat in Ginny's room, helping her pick a muggle looking outfit, it took longer than usual because she always had something abnormal. I ended up picking her clothes of jeans and a top. She changed and looked like a perfect muggle outfit. I then helped Hermione.

"I'll go and change." I said to the two.

"Well hurry up. I'm too excited" Ginny squealed.

"I will" I said as I walked down to my room that I shared with Fred. But before I opened the door I heard a strumming noise. I gently opened the door, Fred sat on our bed. He was playing a dusty, old guitar. He was strumming one of my favourite muggle songs. I immediately recognised it as 'like I can'

Fred's eyes were closed humming and lightly singing the lyrics, I didn't even know he played guitar but he was amazing at it. I stood there and listen to him play. He began to sing the lyrics louder, eyes still closed.

"Why are you looking
down all the wrong roads?

When mine is the heart
and the salt of the soul

There may be lovers
who hold out their hands

But"
Fred sang the lyrics loudly in his deep tone, I was utterly mesmerised by his voice but I wanted to join him in singing. So I did.

"they'll never love you
like I can, can, can

They'll never love you
like I can, can, can

They'll never love you
like I can, can, can"

Fred's eyes jerked open, a small but embarrassed smile appeared on his face. His cheeks flushed bright red and he tried and failed to hide the guitar behind him.

"How long have you been here?" He asked nervously

"Long enough for me to hear how talented you are. You never told me you played guitar" I said as I perched in front of my trunk then picked some jeans and a crop top.

"I thought you wouldn't like it" He said "I was practicing your favourite songs for you" he opened his trunk and you saw that he had pulled your favourite songs on paper with notes for his guitar.