Chapter 31: Dumbledore's Interuption

Y/n's POV:

Me and Fred made our way slowly up the steps toward the historic school of Hogwarts, our hands linked and our promise rings clinked together every so often.

We walked into the large stone entrance of the school, Peeves the schools poltergeist had begun to throw water balloons onto students. I prepared to cover my head from the expected incoming water balloon. But it never came.

"How come we didn't get splashed?" I asked Fred confused as we heard the students behind us scream and begin dripping water.

"I made a deal with Peeves. He helps on our pranks but we don't get pranked on" Fred replied with a smile on his face.

"Clever, very clever" I smiled.

We made our way into the great hall where we found George and Lee. Not only were they panting from their race, they were clasping onto the table for extra air.

"If it's any help" panted Lee "I won this year" he continued as he gave a cheesy grin towards George.

"Only because you managed to get past the third years" George huffed.

We all started to talk whilst the first years got sorted into their houses. We once again gave the loudest cheers when the 11 year olds got sorted into Gryffindor.

Once the ceremony was finished, Dumbledore had arisen from his chair. He did not say anything but clapped his hands and the welcome feast appeared on the four long tables.

I licked my lips before piling food onto my plate. I looked over to George to see he had a whole mountain of mashed potato and was spooning it in by the mouthful. I couldn't help but giggle before I turned to my chicken, I grabbed my cutlery and ate like it was my final meal. The main had disappeared and the colourful mountains of mouth watering desserts appeared in front of us. I took some ice cream and sprinkles and put it in my bowl. After the feast was done Dumbledore had once again arisen from his seat and waddled to his podium.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes
in staffing this year." he started. "We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave."

Although I had Hagrid teaching for one year I had enjoyed his class. I also enjoyed spending time in his hut with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher Professor Dolores Umbridge."

The old toad like woman at the end of the teacher table had given a small yet annoying giggle. She wore bright pink robes with a pink flowery hat and even wore pink shoes.

"How pink can one person be" I whispered to Fred, George and Lee. They all snorted but we turned our focus back to Dumbledore.

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch,has asked me to remind you--"

Umbridge had gave a loud cough to clear my throat. She placed her pink bag on the table before standing up and walking over next to Dumbledore's podium. I looked over and heard Harry whisper something to his friends

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." I scoffed a little before turning my focus to the pink blob who was now in front of Dumbledore.

"Thank you, headmaster,for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me."

I looked around the hall to find no one has smiled at her. We all had vacant expressions on our faces. She gave a small annoying laugh before continuing.