.𝟬𝟭𝟲

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀

↢ ❦ ↣

2001

Things just felt wrong, everything felt wrong. You felt the anxiety building up in your chest, but you were too young at the time to know what anxiety was. Maybe that's why you turned out the way you did, being too sheltered from the topic of mental illnesses just because your guardian was in denial.

Being excused from school hours before it ended never meant any good for you. The school was over it, Wakasa was tired of it, and you just began to wonder why you were always the only one being blamed.

You can't even fight it anymore, unless you're asking for more trouble. Your own body betrays you, forming scars and bruises on your knuckles while that girl and her friends develop them on their faces. Their delicate and soft features that according to them, you'll never have. That wasn't even the worst of what they said, or of the things they called you.

You haven't even spoken a word since the fight happened. Not when you were in the principal's office, not when you waited outside the office as Wakasa talked to the principal, or not even on the entire ride back home. It wasn't that you didn't want to say anything, but rather what you feared because Wakasa already seemed pissed off about something.

His bike comes to a stop, and as he turns it off your shoes are already planted on the ground. The anxiety had only gotten worse, slowly having an effect on your breathing because you were afraid of the silence that went on for too long. Though, Wakasa didn't pay you any mind and shoved his keys into his pockets, already walking up the porch steps.

Your hands clench around your backpack straps as you follow him from a distance, taking slow steps and hoping he'll just let you go to your room. However, you know that was very unlikely to happen.

You close the door, eyeing the stairs deeply to try and get rid of the tightening pain happening to your chest. It sucked that when you swallowed some spit, it only made the straining feeling even worse.

"Ridiculous"

Your eyes snap away from the stairs, and over to your brother who was just standing in the middle of the living room. His back was facing you, one hand on his hip while the other ran down his entire face before massaging his jaw and down his neck.

"This is all just-" he scoffs, pressing his hands together in front of his face as his thumbs hook under his chin. "Getting more and more ridiculous every single time" he shakes his head, mockingly smiling before turning around to you. "Do you know the day I've had? Huh? and to top it off I have to go pick you up from school because oh- surprise! You got into another fucking fight" he spits.

You can only inhale and release the same breath, keeping your eyes open without a single blink because you believe he'll take it as an attitude tactic - but that's just you overthinking.