.𝟬𝟯𝟬

𝗦𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿

𝗦𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿

↢ ❦ ↣

2002

"Why does it burn?"

It was the middle of fall, the temperature decreasing with every passing day. It was already feeling cold to the point you'd catch a sickness from it, but that obviously didn't matter to you or your brother – and his friend.

You were out on the porch, Wakasa sitting down at the outside table while you stood behind him. You had plastic gloves on as you carefully went over his hair with a tint brush, examining the pattern which is beginning to mess with your eyes.

"I told you the first time, it's a chemical irritation. It's normal" you assure, placing down the brush and tearing off a piece of tinfoil to wrap it around the thin strand of hair.

Your brother hums, popping the sucker back into his mouth before reaching for his phone. He crosses one leg over the other to adjust in a different position, something he'd do every time you started to wrap his hair.

"You're getting the same thing? I thought you didn't like it?" Benkei – who sits across from Wakasa – leans forward as he shuffles a deck of cards.

Wakasa shrugs, "doesn't hurt to try something new"

You come to a pause just as you're about to run more of the purple dye over the fading hair. "If you don't like it, then you should've told me" you tilt your head, furrowing your brows in a questionable manner.

"It's fine, it's cool" He assures, placing his phone down as his other hand takes his share of cards from Benkei. "When people ask, I'll tell them it was my little sisters design. It'll explain everything" he snickers, earning a chuckle from Benkei as well.

You let out a sigh before going back to painting his hair, mentally cursing him out with a glare. "Well maybe next time don't say, surprise me"

"She ain't wrong"

"Shut up Benkei, whose side are you on?"

"Neither" the man huffs out a laugh as he places down a card. "If there's one thing i've learned from you two, it's to not interfere with your fights"

"He's always the one starting them. Even after everything I do" you blurt out, too concentrated and caught up in the moment.

Wakasa jerks his head to the side, giving you a confused stare. "What do you ever do for me?" he scoffs.

You pull back the brush with an unbothered expression, holding your hands out so nothing stains your clothes. "Let's see..." you trail off, acting as if you were taking the time to think. "I cook because if I don't you'll kill yourself by eating take-out everyday, I do your laundry and pick up your trash because you're messy as a pig and don't clean up after yourself, and–"