.𝟬𝟱𝟳

𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲

𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲

↢ ❦ ↣

July 3rd, 2017
Present Time

"Does anyone know where Ms. [last name] is?!"

There were about two dozen people running around a building, well, half of them were. The other portion was kept in the back, being the reason their co-workers were in and out of the kitchen.

It was barely lunch hour, but no matter what time or day of the week it was, the restaurant was always filled up. The choices on the menu weren't all that hard to make, but when there's orders coming in every other minute, then things tend to get tense.

Fortunately, the kitchen where the cooks are has lots of space, some of which they don't even use. The servers and host have their own little break room, or even if they just need to calm down — which then another worker will replace them momentarily. Overall, no matter what was happening, things were still moving forward so customers can have a good experience, and workers feel respected.

"Seriously, people! Where is she?!"

"Maybe she's doing work from home today! Get back to your station, Aya!"

There are two floors to the restaurant, so trying to find one specific person is a challenge. While you're going up the stairs, the person you're looking for could be going down the other. They could blend in with walking customers, in one of the two employee bathrooms, etc.

However, if there's one person who can point out anyone at any time, then it's the general manager of the restaurant.

"Sasha!" The staff member, named Aya, calls out to the man who's talking with a chef. "Have you seen the boss? I know she's here today, but she shouldn't be! Look–"

"Relax, Aya," Sasha's eyes are blown wide, shocked by the woman's approach. "Have you checked her office?"

"Oh, well no, I guess– Of course I stopped by her office!!"

"Okay," Sasha deadpans. "Maybe she was just using the bathroom at the time. C'mon," he says, walking towards the exit of the kitchen. He's running a hand down his face while doing so, massaging the sides of his head, all to bring himself some peace.

The walk is a bit of a long one, for the bosses office was located on the second floor where she has a clear view of everything. While she's making the calls for delivery, paying bills, fixing payrolls, Sasha is the one in charge of the staff. There's not a single time where he needs to ask her for something, unless he's bored and just wants to be a bother.

That's a very rare occurrence, since the restaurant has become a big hit and needs everyone on their feet at all times.

"Look, her lights are on. She's in here," Sasha says as they approach the door, giving three knocks before twisting the knob. "Yoo, [name]!" he loudly greets, swinging the door open. "Aya has been looking for you. Looked like a headless chicken, I'll tell you that!"