.𝟬𝟰𝟬

𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁

𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁

↢ ❦ ↣

There was a burning sensation in your ankles, taking their sweet time to numb which you've learned to just endure. They weren't your main focus, no. It was the air being ripped right out of you, manipulating your breathing that is soon to stir you into a panic attack.

Your head felt heavy from all the overwhelming and pressured thoughts, or maybe it was your wet hair that pulled you down. The anchor chained around your back and chest, water filling your mouth every time you try to breathe but get shoved back under the pool – practically be drowned and served close to death if this wasn't a punishment.

Mikeys fingers feel as if they're digging into your skull, as if your hair was being ripped from your scalp. Damn bastard use your own switchblade against you, giving your ankles each a few cuts that lose their strength and purpose. Your hands grip the edge of the pool, holding yourself up every time you're given the right to air. But god, if Mikey hadn't given them a few twists, or even some more kicks to you, then maybe you would've found the willpower to fight him off.

Deep down you know you deserve this. Do you know why you're getting the shit beaten out of you? No, but it could really only be one of two things. Mikey found out you are helping Takemichi and don't even feel right in the Kanto Manji gang anymore, or he knows you went behind his back and kept talking to Inupi – hopefully the latter since it's something he could probably get over. Maybe. You're praying so that's all that counts. He just doesn't want you guys hurting those from the past, you can help move on from that, right?

This whole thing was honestly a toss-up, because both involved Koko, who is being forced to watch this whole thing happen as it was Mikey's command. The only reason Mikey could've found out you're helping Takemichi, is if Koko snitched and admitted you both went to visit him at the hospital. And you never call anyone, so now that Mikey found you suddenly on the phone after a visit with Takemichi, what else could you be doing other than helping the boy in question?

Secondly, it's really only you, Takemichi, and Koko that know about your...relationship with Inupi. still a title to adjust to. And by the looks of the bruises on his face, you're sure he must've spilled by accident, so in no way do you blame him.

That's not the case with him though, for Koko can't help the disbelief and guilt that makes his gut coil. It wasn't an accident, he willingly admitted to Mikey because he tapped out after a few punches and kicks. He would have never been able to last with the treatment you're receiving, making him fear if that'll be him next.

He knows what Mikey's capable of, everyone does. He knows traitors aren't taken lightly, that they need to be punished, but you weren't like that! He knows you were practically done with the gang but you still showed your support! There's no way you'd go as far as being an informant just because you were tired of the Kanto Manji gang. right?