𝗩𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗗𝗮𝘆 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹

𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹

𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹

↢ ❦ ↣

2002

It was late in the afternoon, an hour or two since school had ended. It was a little chilly outside but nothing too bothersome. It felt like any other day of the year, but for others that was the complete opposite, for today was valentine's day.

This was probably the first year you've acknowledged the holiday since the one where your dad took you to your favorite restaurant. That was before he let his life go to shit than it already was, but that rarely crosses your mind anymore.

The only way you were contributing to the day was by eating candy from a box – one where you had no idea came from. You were out on the porch, already changed from your school uniform, sitting on a chair while your feet were kicked up on the table.

"This one isn't very good" Your friend makes a disgusted face while wrapping the rest of the candy back into its packaging. The box of sweets had various kinds, so he was kind of the taste tester.

"Too sweet?" You ask, holding a hand out for him to place one in your hand.

Inupi nods and gets another one of the same candies, tossing it into your hand. "Where'd you get this anyways?" he asks.

You unwrap the small candy with a shrug, mumbling the sweets name which makes the boy roll his eyes and lean back into his chair. You pop the candy into your mouth and capture it between your teeth, chewing it as you neatly fold the wrapper – adding it to your stack.

"It ain't that bad" you admit, giving it a few more chews before swallowing.

Inupi gives you a look in disbelief, not amused with your answer. "You're just saying that to counter my statement" he calls out.

You lift a smug smile and shrug, "Maybe I am, or maybe I just really like it"

"Bullshit" he scoffs.

"Don't be such a crybaby just because I don't agree with you" you tease, grabbing the same wrapper you just put down and flicking it over to him.

He catches the thin paper and rolls his eyes, "crybaby" he mocks.

You chuckle and relax into your chair, hand digging into your jacket in search of something. Inupi grabs another candy and leaves the previous conversation alone, examining the designs on the box and wrappers.

Suddenly, you pull something out which creates a jingle sound, making his ears perk up and head turn in interest. His face turns confused as you hold up a key-chain, one that had a small bear hanging from it holding a heart.

"What is that?" he asks.

You smile in amusement but shrug, "Key-chain? I don't know. It came with the candy" you explain, tossing the chain over to him which he catches.