.𝟬𝟯𝟮

𝗥𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗲𝘀

↢ ❦ ↣

Inupi was awake before you, probably has been up since seven. Now it was a quarter till nine and he was still laying in his spot from the night before, arm secured around you to keep you from the edge of the couch. He hadn't realized the hours that passed, just looking at you, waiting for any indication you might wake up. It might have been creepy, but it's not like you were awake to correct him.

He'd brush your hair back, mess with the necklace you accidentally fell asleep with, whisper random and stupid things in hopes your sixth sense would kick in and wake up to call him an idiot, etc. He didn't plan on opening the shop today, so he was waiting on you to try and suggest what you guys should do.

But there you are, seeming too deep in concentration with your dream. He never knew you mumbled in your sleep, but now he's concerned with who you're insulting.

"[naamme]" He whispers, scooting closer if that was even possible. He bumps his forehead against yours, slowly losing patience. "Did you know the cookie monsters real name is Sid?" he asks, and for a second he swears your concentration softened.

The corner of his lips turn up in a small grin, tugging at your ear playfully. "What about that guy on the cap'n crunch box? He's actually a commander~" he stretches out the word, noticing how you're beginning to stir awake. "And did you know with lobsters-"

"Seishu, I swear to god I am going to punch you" You let out a deep breath in defeat, keeping your eyes closed as you turn your face into the pillow.

His smile grows as he lets go of your ear, wrapping it back around you to give a brief shake. You place your hand on his shoulder to stop him, groaning in annoyance from the early interaction. "You don't like learning?"

"Not a fan" You let out a final yawn before twisting from his hold, now laying on your back. "What time is it?"

"Gonna be nine soon"

"God, you could've given me till ten"

Inupi shakes his head with a hum, sitting up now that you're finally awake. He dangles his legs over the couch and lifts yours onto his lap, still shaking to be annoying. "Are you hungry?"

You shake your head, rubbing your eyes to adjust to the lighting. "I just woke up, I'm not hungry"

"Well, I am" He pats your knee before pushing them off, making your lower body fall off the couch before catching yourself.

"Damn, dude" you scoff, lazily pulling yourself back onto the couch and sinking into the cushions. Inupi made his way over to the kitchen, already rummaging through the pots and pans that sound like forks scraping against plates to your ears.