.𝟬𝟯𝟰

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗜𝗻 𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀

𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗜𝗻 𝗕𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀

↢ ❦ ↣

Mikey had agreed with the idea of you making something to eat back at the apartment. It wasn't a surprise since he hasn't been out to eat at a restaurant in years. You settled on Yakitori since it was simple, and Mikey made it clear he didn't want a heavy meal.

So when you got back home, Mikey went to take a shower while you were texting Sanzu and Koko the news. Two text messages later, and you found yourself cooking for them as well. Despite their comments on your cooking, they still swallow it down and ask for more.

Time had passed before Mikey was watching tv while eating the yakitori chicken, sitting at the table with Sanzu who gets him talking every now and then. You haven't had a chance to check up on Sanzu in general, for he was obviously more focused on Mikey.

While they were at the table, you and Koko were on the couch in silence. He would steal glances at Mikey while you kept your eyes glued onto the tv. Truly, Koko wanted to question you where he's been, why he reached out to you, etc. But every time he got the courage to whisper over those words, he'd fail and retreat back to square one. You were oblivious to it because of the television.

But now Mikey requested the tv to be off, using that strict boss voice you and Koko are displeased to hear – Sanzu missed it.

Sanzu made his way to the shorter end of the L shaped couch and plopped down, one leg crossed over the other with an excited grin. You and Koko remained in your spots, him being leaned forward on his legs while yours were kicked onto the coffee table. Mikey was leaning his back against the edge of the counter.

His arms were crossed, staring at the carpet while you all looked at him. It was draining to say the least, feeling the serious tension he brought back to the empty home.

"Anything I should know about the days I was gone?" Mikey asks, talking as if he was off on a business trip – leaving you guys in charge. He looks at Sanzu first, since the loyalty the pink-haired boy has for him isn't secret.

Sanzu shrugs, throwing his arms over the couch before gesturing a hand to you and Koko. "I was out lookin' for you" he admits, zero shame in his words. "Pretty sure they're the ones that might know some things. You know how they are"

You side eye him, scrunching your face in annoyance. Koko doesn't acknowledge his behavior and intertwines his hands, looking away to avoid Mikey's eyes.

"Those guys from Rokuhara, the S-62 gang plus Kakucho. They approached me and asked if they could join–"

"And did you say yes?" Mikey doesn't let him finish, finding that threatening deep voice.

"No, of course not" Koko assures, straightening his back from the confrontation. "I told them I wasn't the person they needed to confront. So I sent them on their way" he left out a piece of information, making you divert your attention over to him in curiosity.