.𝟬𝟰𝟮

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲

𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲

↢ ❦ ↣

2005

"Are you being serious right now?"

The question bounces around Wakasa's head, bumping with the alcohol sunk into his system. At this point his blood is filled with booze, can't run a day without it unless he's working or asleep. He would deny the accusations of being an alcoholic, if it weren't for his friend reminding him of the questionable places he's been found blacked out at.

He'll probably pass out on this porch if he has a few more beers, the sun is setting anyway; maybe he'll make it halfway up the stairs before falling unconscious. He doesn't like to think about how his nights end, because they always end up being the same – him in an empty home.

"You're seriously not going to pick her up tomorrow?" Benkei, his long time rival turned friend, asks for a second time. There have been multiple situations where he doesn't agree with Wakasa, sometimes even needing a few minutes to collect his thoughts before going off on him. But this? This really pushed him over the edge.

The silent one of the two remains in his own world, lifting the rim of the beer bottle to his lips; staring at the closed gate belonging to the Imaushi residence. He doesn't know what he's waiting for, just that he wants the gate to open.

"I get she didn't have an option of bail, but the least you can do is pick her up and take her back" Benkei was standing a few feet off to the side of Wakasa, who was sitting down. His hands ran over his shaved hair, pinching the bridge of his nose, etc.

The last drop of liquid hits Wakasa's throat, so he adds the bottle to the pile of three on the table. It wasn't too big of a deal, because he just leaned over and grabbed another from the ice chest. The bottle opener automatically finds its rightful place before serving Wakasa to his slow death.

He raises the drink 'til his lips ghost the top, "I can't take care of her anymore" he states.

The words almost sound unreal to Benkei, as if he disappeared for a second into another universe. The man lost his smile ever since Wakasa admitted that he will indeed, not be the one welcoming you home.

Benkei may not be a brother himself, but he's always assisted his friends with their younger siblings. He may have favored Senju out of them all; for her brother never liked being around, you were always following Wakasa's footsteps, and the same goes with the Sano siblings who would tail Shinichiro. But Benkei would always, and I mean always make sure to leave an impact on each one of you.

He was never a fan of the way Takeomi brothered by making it obvious he had favorites. He was unsure how to feel about Wakasa's performance, but he couldn't say anything. And Shinichiro, he was just the best. Sometimes Benkei believes ever since the passing of his friend, he became the most responsible out of the Black Dragons founders.