.𝟬𝟭𝟵

𝗔𝘀 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝘀 𝗜'𝗺 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲

𝗔𝘀 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗔𝘀 𝗜'𝗺 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲...

↢ ❦ ↣

2006
The Night Before Departure

"Outside again?"

The sudden voice made your heart drop for a moment before you arched your head over the back of the chair you sit on, ankles crossed on the railing of the balcony.

Draken closes the sliding door behind him, using his other hand to pull up the other chair a few feet away from yours. "Inupi asleep?" he asked, settling comfortably in a man-spread position while his hands rested over his stomach.

With a soft sigh, you slouch further down into the wooden chair, hand reaching out for the glass of water resting on the stand. "Yeah," you nod before taking a sip of the ice-cold beverage. "You guys must've done a lot of remodeling at the shop. He was snoring"

The boy snickers, letting his own head fall against the chair. "Third night and you're already complaining. You can always kick him back to the couch" He suggests, only to earn a head shake in disagreement.

"I know it ain't comfortable" you pull your feet back from over the balcony, tucking them under your chair and rubbing them against each other to create some warmth. "And he ain't that much of a bother, stays on his side with no trouble"

"Whaaat?" Draken turns his head to look over at you, a false and mocking state of shock displaying on his face. "At this point I thought you'd be in the phase of sharing clothes" he laughs as you roll your eyes, followed by a curse for him to shut up.

After the laughter solely coming from Draken fades away, a thick wave of silence washes over the both of you. It wasn't comfortable, nor was it awkward. However, there was obvious tension between the two of you, one that included different topics and confrontations a single night cannot cover.

If not most, then all of those topics were to come from Draken. Lately things have been different, ever since the fight with Tenjiku. Toman's disbandment, Takemichi's ability, Emma's death, Mikey going awol from everyone and not returning a single call.

Draken looks back over to you as those thoughts cross his mind, the ones that never left the second they first appeared. You were the last he's ever heard of Mikey, that morning you acted like a complete asshole. Ever since then, you've seemed to grow distant.

"Inupi was telling me today how you stopped working for that Sasha guy" he starts up the conversation again, immediately noticing how your body did a soft jolt before stiffening. "You have any other jobs in mind?" he asked.

You lick your lips and inhale a deep breath, slowly shaking your head as your tongue now pokes the inside of your cheek. You look down at your lap, fingers tapping against the wooden armrest.