.𝟬𝟱𝟱

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗪𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝘁

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗪𝗲 𝗠𝗲𝘁

↢ ❦ ↣

There's a baby crying, and she won't stop. Her mother does the same, too overwhelmed, sensitive to even the littlest of things.

It was annoying, an ear piercing sound that's more aching than a physical injury. The infant's wails and cries would drag out, go quiet for not even a second before screaming at the top of her lungs. It's startling how such a small human being can be the cause of an ear-rupture.

There's shuffling noises caused by the doctors, some in awe or saying congratulations, and of course the panic on the fathers face — who looks like he's about to pass out. He's sweating more than the mom, fanning himself and wiping his face with the hem of his shirt.

The mother holds her daughter close, reconnecting their bond and offering reassurance after the infant has been taken from all its known. Though the mother is exhausted, she becomes extremely happier which is shown by the weak smile on her lips.

Her baby is wrapped with a traditional blanket and cap, keeping the limbs stiff and tucked comfortably. The father caresses his wife's cheek, pushing her sweaty strands of hair out of her face before planting a few kisses to her head — mumbling a prayer and how thankful he is.

Of all the nurses running around, one comes from the chaos and approaches the new parents, smiling under his mask. "The name for your daughter?" he asks, for he wants to write it down before it's forgotten.

The crying seems to vanish, though it still lingers around with many grunts and confused wails. The parents share a look, water making both their eyes glossy — for they know the challenges that awaits them as brand new parents.

The father looks back at the doctor, while the mother cherishes her baby girl. The man opens his mouth, ready to answer –

"[name],"

– The doctor smiles, nodding his head as he takes out an expo marker. "I bet you guys have been waiting for her, huh?" he jokes, walking to the door and writing the name on a small whiteboard — with assistance from the father.

As the men converse about the name, the baby's mother raises a finger to her daughter's cheek, carefully brushing the skin before softly tapping her lips. Her eyes lit up without the help of the lights on the ceiling, her smile growing strong with each passing second, and of course the overwhelming tears making her skin sticky. –

"[name],"

– The father refocuses his attention to his first and probably only daughter, using a hand to wipe away any tears. He's sniffling, seemingly more emotional than his wife. He goes as far as resting his head on top of hers, looking across the room towards the other nurses who begin wrapping their two sons in their own blankets and caps.