.𝟬𝟮𝟰

𝗛𝗲 𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗟𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀

𝗛𝗲 𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗟𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀

↢ ❦ ↣

The sound of a sizzling pan makes up for the silence surrounding your apartment. You couldn't bear the voices of the news reporters talking about the same dead body for the past two days, so you obviously turned it off.

Two days, it's been two days since the fight between the three deities. Two days since Mikey left without a trace. He hasn't made any contact, left any hint as to where he might've gone, or even been spotted by anyone. He just left.

Your injuries are yet to heal, but that might be because you refuse to go get checked out. Every time you move there's something in your body that tightens and aches, making you let out a groan or biting your lips while pausing. You tried taking ibuprofen, but that shit can't even cover a full arm of pain. You don't want to take anything stronger than that, for you're really trying this time to stray away from getting addicted – again.

It probably wasn't a good idea to stay cooped up in the apartment for these past days, soon you'll start going insane. It doesn't help that your dreams are just completely fucking with you, knocking you awake which makes you lose lots of sleep.

bzz

Your eyes dart up from the pan below you, ears raising at the abrupt vibration. Your body must've done a jolt or something, for your guest looked at you weird.

"Jesus, why are you so jumpy?" Koko questions, leaning his head to the side to try and get a look at you.

You let out a quiet sigh as you pressed the bottom of the spatula onto the grilling sandwich. "Was that your phone or mine?" you ignore his question, lowering your eyes back down to make sure nothing burns.

"Yours" he answers, leaning back on the chair he sits on. "Says it's from Sanzu"

You hum, turning off the stove before opening the cabinets in front of you. "What's he saying?"

Koko raises an eyebrow with a lopsided smile, "Last time I went through your phone, you got mad" he reminds, even though his hand is already reaching for the device. "What's the code"

"That is because you had zero of my permission" you fire back, earning a scoff and eyeroll in return. You then give him the four-digit code while you begin sliding the sandwich's on separate plates.

Koko types in the numbers before clicking on yours and Sanzu's conversation, immediately letting out an exaggerated sigh as his head rolls to the side.

"What?"

"Says he's going out to look for Mikey again"

"Oh my god– are you kidding me?" your expression had quickly turned into a scowl of annoyance. "Now a sandwich is gonna go to waste. Bye-bye money" your face shrugs sarcastically, placing one of the plates in front of Koko as you take a seat in front of him. "He's been at it since yesterday morning"