-3-

The first official day at work. Everything has gone really well with the first and second years whole morning. All of the students has been very receptive and kind when teaching them. The last lesson for today is about to begin, the class gets filled with fifth years from all different Houses. Immediately I spot one student among the others in Gryffindor's robe. Harry Potter. The boy who survived from You-Know-Who. Over these years he has become a celebrity some sort. Poor boy, what a pressure such in young age. Talk about what happened to his parents. Clearing my throat a bit to get everyone's attention in the classroom. Most of the students are smiling and looking happy to see a new face. "Good afternoon, everyone! Like the Headmaster Dumbledore mentioned yesterday briefly, I am (Y/N) (Y/L). Your substitute professor in Herbology while Professor Sprout is away. I am also the Head of Hufflepuff's House.".

All of the Hufflepuffs are having big smiles on their faces. Didn't have much time to speak with them yesterday, but they seem to be pleased. That warms my heart. "Typical." one of the students coughs. Our attention goes to this student and people starts whispering. The boy with very blonde hair that almost looks white, keeps smirking like he owns the place. Slytherin. Raised my eyebrow at him:"Pardon?". "Hufflepuffs don't seem to get any other jobs than playing with the plants." he chuckles smugly. Two of his friends next to him keeps giggling and exchanging glances with one another. This boy... Brushing away his snarky comment and keep on smiling:"Interesting perception, Mister..?". The boy's smirk falls a little, like he got hurt I'm not recognizing him or something.

Others in the class don't really know how to act. They keep on exchanging looks and shyly smiling each other. The boy starts fidgeting his fingers a little, but trying to keep the same smug attitude going:"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.". With gentle eyes, I stare right at him:"Well, Mr. Malfoy, as interesting as it is to watch you trying to boost your low self-esteem by putting others down, I must inform all of you; I do not tolerate bullying in any form in my class nor outside of it.". Taking a glance at everyone in the room. Some of them put their heads down, others keeps on smiling and others look stunned. Mr. Malfoy mutters something under his breath I couldn't quite catch, but I ignore him and continue the class. "Well then, can any of you tell me anything about Chinese Chomping Cabbages?" I ask from the whole class. A girl with brown, curly hair eagerly raise her hand. After giving her permission to speak, she gives a whole speech about the cabbages with details not many people know of. That brings a smile on my face:"Very good, Miss..?", "Hermione Granger, Professor." she answer. Good to know there are some committed students here.

After the class, everyone leaves the Greenhouse. I stay in and clean up a little, so tomorrow it'll be ready for a new lesson. I think I did good. Feel little bit bad about what happened with the Slytherin student, but then again - bounds needs to be put from the start. Like Remus said; 'try not to get stepped on'. All of sudden, I feel someone standing near the classroom's entry and I turn around. "Oh, may I help you?" I ask from the boy who's standing there. He looks little bit nervous:"..I- I don't know if Professor Sprout told you, but... Usually, I like to stay in the Greenhouse and study after classes are over.". Approaching him with a gentle smile:"Ah, you must be Neville Longbottom.". I remember Sprout did mention something about a student who likes to stay here. Probably hiding from bullies like Draco.

He gives a little nod:"Yes... If-if it's alright with you, I'd like to stay here every now and then.". "Why of course. As long as you won't steal my plants." I chuckle jokingly and fold arms over my chest. "N-no! I would never do that, I promise!" he panics. He looks genuinely worried. "Take it easy. It was only a joke." I giggle. "Oh..." he blushes a little out of embarrassment. "Just remember to leave everything as they were before leaving, alright?" I told him before leaving the room. "Yes, Professor (Y/L)!" he yells after me and goes to sit down one of the desks I think he has used to sit. A smile raises on my lips while walking away. Calling me 'Professor (Y/L)' makes me feel good about myself. It's like I'm appreciated.

Dinner time has started over an half hour ago, so I am heading to the Great Hall. For my surprise, the leader of Gryffindor's House approaches me in the hallway. "Professor (Y/L)." she calls. "Professor McGonagall." I stop and she caught up on me. Two students from Ravenclaw walks past us, carrying some heavy books with them. The books looks so huge on the second year's tiny arms. "The Headmaster would like to see you after you had your dinner." McGonagall informs. Got little bit nervous:"Oh, alright. Where shall we mee..-", "In his office. I can walk you there after you've eaten. You'll find me from my classroom. You probably remember where the Transfiguration class is." she says and continues her way. Knowing Dumbledore only wants to see me in work matters, it still makes me quite nervous.

My stomach starts to rumble louder, so I continue heading the Great Hall. Thoughts in what am I going to grab from all of those delicious foods, suddenly I hear someone whining:"Give it back..!". Huh? Just when I turn around a corner, I see those two Ravenclaws from earlier. They are surrounded by three Slytherins. Draco Malfoy and his friends. They've stole one of their books and won't give it back. You got to be kidding me. "Thought you Ravenclaws were smart enough for not needing any books." Malfoy chuckles. The two students look like they are about to cry soon, so I step in:"Didn't know a fifth year needed second year's book that bad...". All of them turn around to see me. Malfoy's and his friends smiles drops immediately when they realize it's me who's intervening. Giving him challenging look:"Well?". He clenches his teeth and gives the book back to them. The little Ravenclaws rush out of sight pretty quickly.

After hearing their steps fading away in the stairs, I harden my gaze at the trio:"Mr. Malfoy, what did I say about bullying outside of the class?". Malfoy is quick to raise this spiteful look, like I just had ruin his fun:"I wouldn't meddle other people's business, if I were you.". "Was that a threat?" I snap back. He and his friends stays quiet. "Ten points from Slytherin." I say bluntly. Oh, how I've wanted to say that! Just when Malfoy is about to open his mouth to say something back, his eyes shifts to look over my shoulder, he shuts that mouth quickly. "Am I interrupting something?" smooth, deep voice ask. Huh? Shivers goes down my spine, just like yesterday. I then turn around and see none other than the Potions Master himself, standing right behind me. Even Malfoy seems to be terrified. Snape raises his eyebrow at the student. "...No, we were just leaving." Malfoy says and starts walking away with his friends.

Now it's just me and Snape standing in the hallway. This is awkward... Before I could say or do anything, he starts:"I suggest Miss (Y/L) will leave the Head of Slytherin House to determine the appropriate action to their students, and focus on taking care of her own House.". What? His voice oozes smoothness, yet danger. Looking at this man in disbelieve:"..They were bullying other students. I couldn't just walk past that, specially as a profes..-", "Better be careful. Specially when you don't know who are you trying to go against with here. Sometimes, the smartest thing to do is just... Walk away." he says while looking down on me. What in the..-?! Can't believe what am I hearing. Has Hogwarts started favouritism students?! "Ah, there you are." familiar voice calls further away. Both of us turn to see who it is. "Have you eaten yet, (Y/N)? Thought you'd like to tell me about your first day." Remus ask. "Y-yes! I mean, I haven't yet." quickly I rush beside him and start walking, leaving Professor Snape alone staring after us.

"Taking away points on a first school day? That's new." Remus laughs after I told him what happened. We're now sitting on the High Table next to each other. When there isn't any official gathering, we can sit wherever we want around that table. "It's not funny! They clearly deserved it." I try to reason. "Maybe... But taking ten points might've been too much. Perhaps taking five points will be enough next time." he guided. "Oh... Well, hope they learned their lesson." I keep pocking the food on my plate. "Or you just became their target." Remus chuckles jokingly. "Don't tell me that was the first time anyone has told them off? Has this school became that corrupted that all the rich kids can do whatever they want without getting called out?" I whisper hiss while frowning at his direction. Remus shrugs and drinks from a cup:"I wouldn't say that...".