-12-

Days goes by. It all still feels like a nightmare what happened in the Potions classroom between me and Snape. I have gone back and forth what did I say or do wrong. But I can't figure it out in any way. Haven't dared to tell anyone about this either. The way he looked at me still haunts me. "Professor?" Neville's voice brings me back from my thoughts. Immediately I lift my head up from the desk to see him at the entry while the other students are leaving the class. "Are you sure you are not coming to the Halloween Feast?" he ask. "I'm sorry, Neville. I'm afraid there are too much for me to do. But you kids go and enjoy!" I chuckle. Completely forgot today is the day of Halloween Feast until the students stared chatting about it during class. Got other things on my mind for some reason. Can't bare the thought of sitting next to Snape right now. Most of my time I've spend in the Greenhouse to avoid him. And it'll be the perfect time to deliver the plants in his class while he's in the Great Hall with everyone. It's the end of the month after all. Unless...

"Neville!" I call after him when he's just about to leave the classroom. Got up from my seat and approach him:"Could you maybe do me a favor?". He stands there, ready to listen what I haveto say. "Could you deliver these plants to the Potions class on your way? It would really mean a lot to me." pointing at the boxes that are in the corner that are filled with different kinds of herbs and plants. Can see how nervous that made him. He is after all afraid of Snape as much as I am right now. He doesn't know what to say:"..I-I'm not sure if..-", "Oh, Miss Lovegood!" I call out the girl who's talking with another student right outside of the classroom's door. The girl turns to us with gentle smile:"Yes, Professor (Y/L)?". "Would you be a dear and deliver these plants with Mr. Longbottom to the Potions class on your way to the Great Hall?" I smile back. Neville's ears got red in front of his crush. "Certainly, Professor." Miss Lovegood nods and starts gathering the boxes with Neville. Can feel myself way more relaxed now after knowing I just avoided the possibility to run into Snape. And! Neville can spend some time with his crush. So it's a win - win situation! Big smile comes up to my face:"Wonderful! Thank you so much!".

After they left, I collapse onto the chair behind the desk and take a deep breath. How on earth did I end up in a situation like this? How long have I been here, two months? I should write Professor Sprouts a letter and tell her how has my career as Herbology teacher has been - leaving all the drama out of course, and ask discreetly when she's coming back. I just can't keep living here like this. Avoiding specific professor rest of my time being here? Impossible. While writing the letter, my stomach starts making noise. After all, I haven't eat anything since lunch and it's already pretty late. I look at the time. According to my knowledge, the Headmaster has just started his speech, so that means all of the hallways are empty. Hmm... Walking a familiar path, I go to the kitchen where all of the elves are making the food. It's pretty hot in here, since all of the stone ovens are on. There are noises everywhere as the elves are running around, making sure there will be enough food for everyone upstairs. Here should be something to grab.

While looking around the kitchen, I hear a very gentle, yet timid voice:"Master (Y/L)..?". "Huh?" I turn around. Haven't heard anyone calling me that in years. It's my family's former House-elf, Dongy. The elf's wrinkly face turns into a smile:"It is you! Oh, Dongy recognized Master (Y/L) across the room!". Looking down at him with big smile on my face:"Dongy! Wha-what are you doing in here?!". "Dongy got a job in Hogwarts after he worked for (Y/L)'s family." he tells. "Oh, I'm so happy for you! May I give you a hug?" spreading my arms towards him. He looks happily surprised:"Oh, why of course, Master (Y/L).". I hunch down and give him a gentle, friendly hug. All of the other elves in the kitchen looks slightly confused, but continue what they were doing. After pulling away from the hug, I hold on to his tiny shoulders and smile:"Please, call me (Y/N). I haven't been 'your Master' in years. You are free, remember?". Hate the word 'Master'. Brings too many unwanted memories. He smiles brightly:"Dongy never forget what (Y/N) did for him. Never! It was the happiest day of Dongy's life.". Wish I could say the same.