-88-

As the days goes by, slowly - but surely, it became clear to us Professors that the Death Eater twins are going to be part of the staff as well. It did raise few eyebrows and people became aware how Snape is indeed working for Lord Voldemort. But none of the Professors quit their jobs, since it would automatically mean more Death Eaters would be hired to replace them. Ministry really has us in a choke hold on this one - thanks to Voldemort. The students and their safety are our priority now, and we will do everything that we can to protect them. Even it means loosing our own freedom. The first school day is about to be in two days. No matter what I've tried, the necklace won't come off! 'It won't come off until you have learned how to use it... Properly.'  Snape's words echoes in my head everytime I try to figure out how to get this thing off. Merlin..! How in the world did I get in to this situation?

Minerva and I are now walking along Hogsmeade's alleys, doing some final shopping we need for ourselves when the school will start - not alone, of course. There is no way Snape let's us Professors walk around free outside of the castle, since there is the possibility we would run away to help Harry Potter or such. So, the werewolf-man - whose name turned out to be Fenrir Greyback, has been following us whole this time, only three meters behind to keep an eye on us. As expected, people around us are little stunned whenever they recognize the Death Eater behind us and are pretty quick step aside as we walk. It really makes me feel like we are in one of those Muggle fantasy books that tells about mafia or such - and not in a good way... But we have put him in good use; he's carrying some of the bags. Even he is gritting his sharp teeth at us, we are not afraid of him.

Sometimes Minerva and I share the side-eye, both of us knowing we could easily take him down on our own if we wanted to. But... We don't wanna cause any trouble, so we keep on walking like fine ladies ahead of him. Wonder why Snape even ordered Greyback, out of all the Death Eaters to come with us, even he must know we could take him down with one swift of our wands? As we walk past the window of Gladrags, I stop to look inside. Minerva stops too:"Find something you like?". There is this beautiful, soft yellow, flowy, long dress on one of the mannequins. Don't know why, but Dumbledore's words came to my mind immediately when I lay my eyes on the dress. 'You really are... A light in middle of darkness, (Y/N). Remember that.'. For a moment, I keep my gaze before answering to the friend:"Yes. I think I just did...".

The day came - the day when the students comes back from their summer break to Hogwarts. For some of the children this is their very first school day as well. Poor little ten to eleven year olds. They have no idea what Hogwarts used to be. It appears that the students and their parents were in the believe Minerva McGonagall is the new Headmaster instead Snape. Bet if they would have heard a man who's working for Voldemort himself is the new Headmaster, they wouldn't have let their children step their foot in the train. As the students enters the Great Hall in their usual black robes, they get slightly confused. Instead of the warm and welcoming atmosphere in the Great Hall has changed completely. For example, the torches has been replaced by with this greenish-blue light which gives more cold and intense feeling all around. There are no flying candles in the magical ceiling. Only darkness of the sky with few stars, mixed with grey thin clouds. Very gloomy atmosphere indeed all around.

After the students sat down on their seats, they were quickly ordered to stand up to welcome us all Professors like in military. The children are hesitatingly looking around as they stand up, whispering to each other confused what the heck is going on. The new Headmaster is standing hands behind his back in front of the Great Hall where Dumbledore would normally give the welcoming speech. But Snape won't say anything. At least not yet. In middle of this little fuss in the room, he has noticed that one of the Professors is still missing. Me. All of the Professors are standing beside the High Table behind him, all dressed in black, waiting something to happen. They have also noticed I'm not where I should be. My seat is empty. Hagrid bends down to whisper to Minerva:"Where is she?". "She'll be here in a minute." she whispers back. Snape hears this, but won't make any gesture to let them know it.