-86-

The person in front of me... Is Lord Voldemort himself! I can't believe it. Cold shivers keeps going up and down on me. Suddenly, I feel how something slithers right past me. My heart misses a beat when I see this big, dark colored snake. Never seen so huge snake before. Along the dark floors, it slithers towards the Dark Lord like a pet. I also notice that there are the Malfoys, Bellatrix, Bartemius, Snape and Wormtail in the room with us. Seems that the rest of the people has gone somewhere else. Snape and I make an eye contact. It's really hard to read what's going on his mind right now. But looking into his eyes brings some sort comfort in me in middle of this intense moment.

Voldemort's calm and surprisingly polite voice brings me back from my thoughts:"(Y/N) (Y/L). Harold (Y/L)'s daughter, was it?". My head turns to him and eyes goes quickly up and down on him. "More or less." I end up answering with half timid tone. Corner of my eye, I can see how Snape squinted his eyes as in 'don't get coy with him', but I partly ignore him at this point. "Ah, yes. Heard what happened to your mother - Eloise (Y/L). I'm... Truly sorry for your lost, my dear." the Dark Lord hums. To be quite honest, he doesn't sound as sincere as he said that, so I'm not sure if he really means it. But maybe the bigger question here is... Why is he being so nice to me? Thought he's this ruthless killer who would end anyone's life in blink of an eye if he isn't pleased.

"It has come to my knowledge that you have some information of Harry Potter and his friends. The location where they might be at the moment." he tilts his head a bit onto the side. Just when I'm about to open my mouth, Snape speaks:"The location already has been revealed by one of the Protectors of the Choisen One, my Lord. We have already sent our people to get them.". What? Voldemort looks pleased by the answer. The thought he has done something bad to Tonks and Ted gives me the power and bravery to quickly raise myself from the floor on my feet:"What did you do to them?!". No answer from the Potions Master, he just stares with that same old cold look. "Answer me!" I demand. No answer.

My boldness makes Bellatrix laugh:"Uuuh, badger got some teeth, I see.". Bartemius scoffs:"Put your harlot in order, Snape. She talks way too much in front of our Lord.". That peeks Voldemort's interest:"Harlot, you say..?". He then turns to Snape:"I must say, I'm a little bit surprised, Severus. Didn't know you had it in you.". About to snap at them that I am not a whore, Snape again speaks with calm, monotonic tone:"I have needs of my own.". What?! Looking at the man stunned. I can just feel how my heart starts breaking even more. So it's true then... I never..- I never actually meant anything to him. Voldemort chuckles and turns to look at me up and down:"Well, who am I to deny the pleasure of a flesh when it's required.".

As expected, this all raises amusement in all the Death Eaters around the room and they start joking and teasing. Draco is the only one who doesn't join the torment. Lucius and his wife are also quiet, but they do have this tiniest smirk corner of their mouths while they listen how Bellatrix, Batemius and Wormtail keeps going. While they keep laughing, the Potions Master's face won't budge. Those black eyes are staring right back at me. We keep the eye contact a moment longer before I break it to look elsewhere. I don't know this man. "It is true, my Lord. I-I saw her in his kitchen one morning, half dressed!" Wormtail tells like a young child who has been waiting to tell this story to bigger kids, just to get the approval.

Something snaps in me and I turn to him:"Do you wish to loose the other hand as well?". In middle of all of this, I have taken to notice how one of his hands is replaced by silver - for whatever reason that is. "Because I can assure you, it can be done without a wand." I continue. The look on Wormtail's face drops right away. I know it's wrong to attack verbally the weakest in the room, but all of this is getting in to me as all I can feel is this anger and frustration right now. Even Voldemort doesn't show any annoyance by my behavior, Bartemius feels obligated to jump in:"If Snape isn't going to shut her up, I will.". With that, he rushes to me and just when he grabs me by the arm firmly, he feels shooting pain in his ankle:"OUCH!!". Huh?!