-50-

Next day, it's the first official school day! I am so hyped when the classroom gets filled with the students. Most of them are really happy that I'm teaching them the History of Magic, rather than Gilderoy Lockhart. Although, there are some students who wished he would have continued. Perhaps he gave easy A's to them if you ever showed any interested in him - not the subject to itself. Just remembering him and that smug face of his makes my skin crawl. Such an ass. Since it's the first day, I keep the classes very simple and light toned today. And as someone who has troubles of remembering things and such, I have made the teaching fun and more creative to keep the young children's interest alive during the whole class. From start to finish.

At the end of every class, I asked the students if they had any subject they would like to hear one day. One of the students of sixth years raise their hand. "Yes?" I smile, ready to hear them out. "I'd like to hear about The First Wizarding War." the student - Cormac McLaggen, says. That made others turn their heads and the classroom gets filled with whispers. Both of my eyebrows raise, but I still keep the composure. It's still kind of fresh compared other history I supposed to be teaching. And I'm not sure if it's proper thing to be talking about since Harry is sitting right there, looking right at me. Then again, they are allowed to know what happened. "Oh..- Uh, alright. Guess I could make it work. But I can't promise it will happen anytime soon." I give polite smile to the student. "Don't worry, Professor. Take as long time as needed." Mr. McLaggen winks at me, which honestly caught me off guard a bit. That's a little bit odd.

The First Wizarding War, eh? There are pieces here and there that I know about it. Things that people have been talking about. Rumors, mostly. So it's quite hard to tell what really happened behind the scenes - so to speak. I will get down the root of this, but as for now, I got other things to do. For example my apprenticeship. Merlin, I'm already tired just thinking about what's ahead of me. Sleepless nights, the hours I will put into it outside of the actual teaching... But I know it will be worth it eventually. I just need to grind my teeth and just do it. As I'm walking in a hallway, I hear some students talking further away. "Did you see them?" one of them ask. "No. All I could feel was the cold." the other one answer. Wonder what are they talking about?

Slowering my steps, so I won't walk too fast past them while acting like I'm not listening their conversation. Play it cool, (Y/N). Play it cool. "I saw two of them flying above the water, going underneath the train as we cross the bridge. It was really creepy!" the first one tells. Third one joins them:"What are you two talking about? What's creepy?". The two of them turn to the student and one of them whispers:"Dementors.". What?! Dementors? The Dementors that should be guarding Azkaban - the prison where..- I'm so deep in my own thoughts, when I walk around a corner someone else happens to come walk behind it and we almost bump into each other. "WAH!!!" I yelp scared. "MERLIN'S BEARD!" fragile woman's voice yelped back as she drops down some cards to the floor.

It's Sybill Trelawney, our Divination teacher. Merlin, my heart could have gone out of my chest! Quickly, I kneel down to gather the cards she dropped:"I'm terribly sorry, Trelawney! I should have been more careful.". For a moment, she looks down to me before she kneels down too, looking a bit shocked we ran into each other like that. I haven't had too many interactions with her in the past. Professor Trelawney has always been... How should I put this? An interesting person. Yeah, lets go with that. As we gather the cards back to in one neat pile, all of sudden Trelawney gasps and holds onto my arm tightly. Her nails are basically digging in to my flesh thru the clothes. It got me off guard and my head snaps back up to look at her worried. She has tilted her head up, looking like she has been possessed. It actually freaks me out. "P-professor..?!" I ask confused what's happening. "He will return. You will be betrayed and blood will be shed..!" she says with taunting voice. What?!

When all of sudden, Trelawney gasps again and softens her touch. She has gone back to normal. Can feel how my arm aches from where she dig her nails in. "Oh, (Y/N). I'm terribly sorry... Did you say something?" she asks. Too stunned and traumatized what just happened, I just stare back at her and force a smile on my face - which looks very awkward. "N-no. It's just that... Uh, here." I hand her the cards. "Oh. Thank you, (Y/N). You are always so kind." she takes them, clearly not having any idea what she had just do. "No problem, Trelawney." I get up and offer her a helping hand. We talk briefly before continuing our own ways. As we walk away from each other, I keep glancing over my shoulder to see her. Still trying to comprehend what the heck was that all about. Normally, I don't care things like that. But... Why do I feel scared?

Days goes by. Nothing special has happened in the castle. It's actually been very calm. All I have done after the classes are over is hang out with Sniffy and tried my best to do everything regarding the apprenticeship. Students are still talking and whispering all over the castle how they saw Dementors on their way here. It's still unclear why they are looming over near the school. Even the Daily Prophet has write about it! But for our surprise, it hasn't got much of attention. Many of them suspect that the Ministry is trying to hide something. They must've messed up something. And I have a hunch - but hoping that I'm wrong. Besides that, I have noticed that Severus is acting somewhat strange. It feels like he has been avoiding me lately. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

After the lunch, I'm walking along a corridor all alone, until I see familiar student coming across. Automatically I start smiling:"Afternoon, Neville.". The boy won't even look at me. He just walks right past me. It's like I'm not even there. Huh? Confused, I stop and turn around to look how he's getting further away from me:"Neville?". No answer. I have never seen him so pensive. Like he has become one of those ghosts that won't talk. About to go after him when Minerva calls my name other side of the hallway:"(Y/N).". My head snaps right at her:"Yes?". She walks up to me:"Thought I'd write you an owl, but since you are here, I might as well inform you that we are once again going to spend some alone time with the professors this Friday.". Immediately I remember how we all got together last year as well. And how it ended. Then again, there is no Lockhart anymore - talk about Umbridge. It could be fun.

Just when I'm about to agree to come with them, I remember something. "Ouh, shoot!" I roll my eyes irritated. "What? What's wrong?" Minerva asks worried. I sigh deep disappointed:"I can't go. I still have things to write regarding the apprenticeship.". "Can't you do that the day after?" she asks. Running my hands over my face:"No, I'm afraid not. I have been delaying it way too long. I'm sorry.". "Oh, that's alright, dear. I understand. Another time then. Only... Severus was willing to join us this time." she whispers the last part. Both of my eyebrows raise out of surprise:"Really?". I have heard that he has been declined the invitation for years, so this would be historical evening, if you will. She nods with a smile on her lips. Oh, Merlin. Now I feel even more bad about this. But I haveto get things done. The hard-working Hufflepuff side of me can't give up! Even it means I need to put my silly feelings to the side. I shrug loosely:"Sorry... Another time then.". Minerva nods and pretty much after that continues her way.

I still can't get over how Neville was looking so sad when I saw him. Wonder if he needs someone to talk to? With that, I decided to go after him. He can not be too far away. After three minutes of walking the hallways where I thought he might have gone off to, I see him standing further away, having his back facing me. "Nev..-" I stop myself when I realize he's with someone. It's Mad-eye Moody. Students has been calling him Mad-eye Moody over these past days, even I have started to call him that. Don't know if it's disrespectful or not, so I haven't done it right in front of his face. But still... I'm surprised Neville is talking to him. Out of all of the people. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It's just... Guess I never thought Mad-eye would be that kind of teacher who would listen young children and their problems. It'll be almost like someone - let's say Ron Weasley as an example, would go up to the Potions Master himself and start talking what's on their mind. It would just be so random. Wouldn't it?