-108-

Didn't take long before I was ordered to follow the Headmaster all the way to his office. When I began to follow him, the Carrows kept smirking with arms crossed over their chests, looking so happy how this turned out in disgustingly snarky way. Merlin, how much I wanted to Bombarda Maxima them right in there..! The worried look on Minerva's face stung me the most when she watched me going after Snape. After all, she was the victim in this situation, and now she was left to continue to deal with the couple airheads. Severus didn't say anything the whole way we walked up to the Headmaster's Office. Which kind of worries me. Then again, it'll be for the best if we'll talk when the coast is clear.

When we get to the spiral stairs that'll leads up to the office, Snape stops, does this slight body turn while still having hands behind his back, and lets me climb up the stairs first. Such a gentleman, even looking so angry. Right when we enter the office and sure no one followed, Snape quickly smacks me behind the head with some rolled up paper he's been carrying this whole time. Baffled by all of this, I sharply turn to him and rub the place I got hit. "What the hell was that for?!" I whine, even it didn't hurt that much. Those dark eyes are narrowed right at me as he crushes the paper inside his fist while growling:"Give me a reason not to hit you again, badger. I beg you...". Both of my hands shoots up as defence and I start to back up:"Now, ho-hold on a minute..!". Oh, he's really mad about this..!

He keeps coming forward with determinant steps, looking so threatening:"Didn't that dull brain of yours thought for a one second what might happen if you'll cause a bigger scene with the twins? How foolish can you get?!". I stop walking and do a little stomp with my foot:"Ey! Amycus had it coming. After he dared to spit on Mine..-", "It is not your place to get involved, (Y/N)." he interrupts with cold tone. "What?! Y-yes it is! I am not going just going to stand there and watch my friend getting assaulted like that." I argue back. Severus tosses the paper onto the table nearby and walks right past me without a word. I take a quick glimpse of it. It's The Quibbler - a tabloid, that usually writes alot of rubbish and unnecessary gossips time to time. Aunt-Ruby used to love reading it as her 'guilty pleasure' back when I was a child, but stopped ordering it over time. 'Xenophilius Lovegood'

The name caught my eye in that brief moment I looked at the magazine before lifting the gaze up to Severus who's climbing up the few stairs up to the level the Headmaster's desk is. "Got to tell you, Sevy, I'm a little bit disappointed how you've lowered your reading standards from books to trash paper." there is hint of tease in my tone. He turns to face me, looking still annoyed. I then sigh deep and calmly approach him:"Alright, look... I do apologise. I shouldn't have attacked Amycus like that in front of the students. But spitting on Minerva - right in her face..- That's not okay!". No answer. He just keeps staring at me with that usual non-expressional look on his face. I stop right at the bottom of the stairs and shrug:"Don't you have anything to say in that? Can't you punish him for that?". "I've already punished him for what he tried to do to you in the girls bathroom." he answers bluntly. What?

He then told me all about how he had met up with Amycus alone after the incident here in the office. After he had stopped puking the slimy slugs - of course. Apparently, Amycus tried to lie himself off the hook. Said Miss Chang and I had lured him in the girls bathroom and made the attack for 'no reason'. But Snape didn't buy any of his lies at all. He could read his current thoughts after all. What a fool... When Severus questioned about using the Unforgivable Curse on me, and how he had ordered me on my knees in front of him, he denied it. Snape didn't waste any more time when he swift his wand to broke Amycus's right knee - making him fall to the floor onto his knees. Eyes shining from anger, Severus told him to keep his filthy hands off what belongs to him. So that's why he let out that groan when I pushed him.