-38-

The weekend comes around. It's beautiful summer day, warm and sunny - like it has been this whole week so far. Me and Hagrid traveled on a train to get to Cokeworth and are now walking along the streets to get to the festival. Both of us are wearing our festival outfits. Got my new dress on and hair half up half down, with some flower petals all around. Hagrid has also put on some effort for his looks - which is quite unusual. He has combed his hair back and add some gel to keep it that way - or something that looks like gel. I look up to him while we walk side by side:"So... When are you gonna tell me who are you meeting in this festival? Hm?". Hagrid glances back to me, slightly nervous:"Ho-how'd you guessed? What gave away?".

Can't help, but burst out laughing. "Well, it's not usual you to dress up this... Nice. Looks like you are trying to impress someone." I explain. Hagrid blushes a bit and nods:"...There is this gorgeous woman named Mafame Olympe Maxime. She's a half-giant like me.". Both of my eyebrows raise:"Really? Wow, is this your first date?". "Second." he seems so giddy about the date. So happy for him! Can't help, but smirk:"I promise to stay out of your way then.". "No, no, no. I don't mind ya hanging out with us, (Y/N). Part of me kinda wishes ya would be there to help me out if needed, ya see." he says nervously. "What? No! You are a grown man, you can handle this on your own." I chuckle. Hagrid panics:"But..-", "Don't worry about me. I promise to come check up on you two once in a while, if you are still on sight - that is." I give a quick wink.

Hagrid shook his head while holding the smile, then he looks ahead:"We are getting close to the festival.". "Really? It's hard to tell since these streets all look the same." I look around. It's true. This town has several streets of identical brick, terraced houses. Anyone who's not from here can easily get lost in here. Hagrid chuckles:"Don't worry, (Y/N). Just remember; we came from that way, took a right turn first, then we walk two houses down and turn to the left.". I try to repeat his words in my head. "Okay... Think I can remember that much!" I smile and look our surrounding little bit more. There is a dirty river close to us. The bank of it is strewn with litter. There is also a disused mill with at all chimney in this town. Hmm, I can see now why this town tries to lure more people in here every year...

As we approach the actual festival area, immediately I can smell the delicious food they have made, and hear the cheerful music all around. There are lots and lots of people in here, and lots of different kinds of stalls that are selling either food and drinks or some little gifts. "Woah! Look at that!" my eyes started to sparkle. Hagrid chuckles:"Yep. C'mon! Let's get us some beer.". We then join the party. Everyone here is in great mood! There are people of all ages. Laughing, eating, drinking, dancing... Having a great time. Some of them are local and some of them have come from afar. Me and Hagrid find a stall that sells the beer Hagrid had mentioned. "Oh, that's pretty big pint." I chuckle when Hagird hands me one. "Drink up!" he laughs and we clink the big glasses together.

After thirty minutes, Hagrid's date arrives and I briefly spoke with the duo before went on my own way to take a better look at the festival - and give them some alone time. I honestly don't mind wandering around this place on my own. I'm just glad dear friend of mine has found someone special. It's not every day for him just meet somebody and hit it off like they have. Hopefully their second date is going to be success! I walk around the festival and look around quite sometime when something caught my eye. Hand casting kit. Immediately thought of Remus's and Tonks's wedding gift. Brilliant! How cute it would be if they could just mold a little personal statue of them holding hands. With that, I bought it. Now I'm walking around while holding the kit. Slowly, but surely, I began to crave something to eat.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Seem like ya have found something." Hagrid smiles when I return to him and his date's table for a moment. "Yeah! Found the wedding gift for Remus and Tonks!" I smile and place the kit on the table. Olympe lift both of her eyebrows:"A hand casting kit?". I nod proudly:"Yep! I think it's perfect for them.". "What a lovely idea." she smiles as she holds onto Hagrid's hand. It makes him blush, so much so I can see his cheeks turning bright red. I try my best not to smile too much at his reaction and just keep talking with his date casually. After little while, I leave the kit with them and go get myself some food. There are so much to choose from, but I end up picking a hamburger. Need to be careful when I eat, don't wanna mess up the dress!

When I come back to the table Hagrid and Olympe are sitting, I adjust my position a bit. "Everything alright, (Y/N)?" Hagrid noticed I'm struggling with something. I pull out my wand and place it on the table:"This thing keeps pressing up against my side when I sit.". The wand doesn't fit in my mini purse, so I've been carrying it around my waist. "I can look it out for ya, if you'd like." Hagrid offers. "Oh, that would be great. Thank you!" I gladly hand him the wand, knowing it will be safe with him. We continue our evening in easy going and high spirit. Thru out the evening, I sometimes leave the table to see the shows and go get more to drink while those two love birds keeps sitting and chatting everything between the heaven and earth.

Hours goes by. Maybe it's the all the beer that I have had, but it feels like the festival has come more to life when the Sun went down. Haven't been able to find Hagrid and his date after I went on my own path an hour ago. Or was it two hours ago? Hard to tell. All I know is that our train should be leaving in an hour back to Hogwarts. There are people dancing around the big bonfire while there is a cheerful music playing. I go little bit onto the side and start watching around, see if I can spot them. Shouldn't be that hard, since they both are so tall. While looking for them, I realize how tipsy I really am at this point. Not too bad, but can certainly feel I had one too many. Then again, who cares? Seeing all those happy faces laughing while dancing makes me wanna join them. Oh, I wanna go dancing so bad!

Lift my gaze up to see how some dark clouds are approaching us. Seems like it could start to rain any minute now. Just then, I lower my gaze back down to the people and spot familiar face other side of the bonfire over the swarm. My heart skips a beat and light blush raises up on my face in seconds. I can't believe my eyes. It's Severus! Clearly he is avoiding other people's glances while standing in the corner. Looks like he has been forced to be here, what I can tell from here. He hasn't seen me - yet. Perhaps it's all the alcohol in me, but without thinking where we left off things before the school ended, I approach him. "Hi, Severus!!" I greet him cheerfully - maybe slightly too loud, but at this point I can't control it. Severus turns to me and there is disbelieve written all over his face when he realizes it's me. Guess he didn't expect to see me here. Severus's expression quickly goes his normal state:"...Professor (Y/L). What..- are you doing in here?".

For some reason, I have this feeling he isn't happy to see me here. Maybe it's because how we left things off? This could be the perfect time to fix that! "Hagrid invited me to come with him!" I smile, hoping to have a good start from there. "I see." Severus doesn't seem to be pleased. He is rather cold as he raise the gaze to look all the people dancing around the bonfire. Before either of us can say anything else, a man peeks over Severus's shoulder. "My, my... What do we have here?" the man asks, his eyes sizing me up. One of his friends? Before Severus has any time to react, I reach my hand towards the man for a handshake:"Hi, I'm (Y/N)!". The man grins and shakes my hand:"Amycus Carrow.". "Nice to meet you!" I chuckle. There is no reaction what so ever on Severus's face. Same old grumpy man.

Quickly, I brush the thought away and just keep on smiling as we break the touch:"What brings you two here?". Before Amycus could answer, Severus says:"As nice it is to chat with you, Professor, I'm afraid we were just leaving.". Huh? Amycus chuckles:"Oh, come now, Severus." - he said his name almost like in mocking matter - "We just got here!". I'm not sure how to act at this point, since Severus looks like he is getting more and more annoyed at this point. I wanna cheer him up somehow. Then the idea hits me. "Would you like to go dance with me, Severus?" I ask, still keeping the tipsy smile up. He shifts his glare at me as in 'who do you think I am?' - way. Amycus sees this too and grins:"I'm afraid our friend here has two left feet. But I can go dancing with you.". My face lights up:"Great!". There is tiniest twitch on Severus's face when he hears this.

In my slight drunken state, I can't recall which one of us initiate the touch, but soon Amycus and I are walking towards the people who are dancing around the bonfire with linked arms. When we get close enough, he spins me around to face him. With firm grip, he pulls me close and puts one of his hand gently on my back, while the other one is holding my hand. We start dancing among the semi fast music. Amycus is actually pretty good dancer. He knows how to lead and spins me around at the right moment. The hem of my dress floats beautifully every time I get spun. Can't help but smile all the time. I'm having so much fun! Happy to meet one of Severus's friends! Without my knowledge, Severus has never taken his eyes away from us while he is still standing aside - not even for a second.