9.

When they spoke on the phone after the athlete was seen standing at fieldside without her crutches, the blonde therapist acted as if nothing had happened and as if she hadn't seen it, not wanting to ruin the brunette's trip for her.

The rest of the weeks went by quickly. Thalia and Sarie took care of the house and they took care of Nala. Because the Euros were going, less of the attention went to Thalia, which she loved. But she would never forget that burning feeling inside of her when her privacy was just gone. Thrown out of the window.

Both the National team and Barca had reacted very positive to the news, Jonatan luckily didn't really care about a player dating a staff member as long as Thalia's focus would stay with everyone who needed her. Nala missed her mom and layed with Thalia in bed at night in the spot where Alexia would normally be.

When Spain lost with 2-1 against England, Alexia immediately planned the trip back home. The day that Alexia would arrive at the airport, Thalia had to say goodbye to her mom because she would be flying back to Australia.

Thalia helped her mother pack her suitcases and brought her to the airport. The both of them smiled when they said goodbye to one another. After her mom had boarded the plane and was gone, Thalia headed straight home, doing some last minute cleaning to make sure that the house looked perfect.

She also made the bed in one of the guest rooms and moved some of her clothing there. She made a promise and if there is one thing that the blonde had always done, it was to stick by her words. And well, since the brunette had been standing besides the field without her crutches, the next two weeks the blonde would only act as a therapist. So when the brunette returned home, being tired of the flight, all she wanted was to cuddle her wife and dog and peacefully fall asleep.

She should have known better.

Because when she came home, little Nala came running to her, barking happily and Alexia picked the ball of fluff up and cuddled her close to her chest. "Hola Princessa. ¿Dónde está mamá?" (Hey prinses. Where is mommy?)

The dog just looked happy at her mom and licked her face. This made the brunette chuckle, being forced to put the excited dog down to walk through the house after dropping her bag on the floor.

The brunette tentavely walked into the dark house. When she went to hang her coat on the rack and put her keys into the keybowl, she finally saw what was going on.

The blonde's ring was in the bowl.

TUN TUN TUUUUUUNNNN

That's all what the narrator said when Alexia realized what was happening.

The first time that she saw the blonde was when she walked into the kitchen and the blonde was cooking for herself. She only quickly glanced at Alexia before continuing with the cooking. The athlete slowly entered the room and right when she was about to place her hands on the blonde's waist, the blonde in question had put the fire on the stove low and turned around, pointing the spatula that she was holding at Alexia's face, her other hand perched on her hip, a hard glare on her face.

"Don't you even dare to do that Alexia Putellas Segura Robbie." Wow. She went full name mode. "Well, Alexia Putellas Segura for these two weeks."

Ouch.

The brunette took a step back, using the crutches, her cheeks turning completely red as the blonde was being very fierce.

"I gave you one warning. Literally. You could do everything except one thing. And that was to not catch me seeing you stand at fieldside without your crutches. I'm also angry at the fact that you did your round of applause without the brace, but I hadn't said anything about that. But still, for someone who is so focused on football and wanting nothing else than to play was this really the dumbest thing ever to do. Not only did you ignore my advice that I gave you as therapist, you also just threw my whole warning about not wanting to be your wife for 2 weeks away. I have shown you a lot of fucking patience these past years but even I have a breaking point Ale. Welcome home by the way."