36.

The moment that the blonde's blue eyes rolled into the back of her head, Mapi reacted insanely fast, being able to catch the smaller blonde before she would hit anything, gently laying her on her back while Ona immediately called 1-1-2, calling for an ambulance.

Nala worriedly licked Thalia's face while Alexia's heart had stopped beating at seeing her wife go out like that.

She was frozen on the spot and Olga replaced Mapi, sitting down besides the blonde who was out for the count.

Mapi stood up quickly and tentavely walked over to Alexia as Ona thanked the person on the other side of the line. "Ale, are you okay?"

Alexia's hazel eyes were fixed upon her passed out wife, suddenly seeming to get back into motion as she realized what happened. She grabbed her phone, started a 1 minute counter and then held 2 fingers against Thalia's neck, checking for her pulse and counting it while the others were standing in concern.

After the minute, Alexia removed her fingers from Thalia's neck and looked at the others. "It's her heart. We need to keep her head slightly elevated."

Alexia thought about things that she learned from being with Thalia for so long. She sat down and gently put the blonde's head on her lap, stroking her hair. "Come on mi amor. You can get through this."

Olga crouched behind Alexia, putting a comforting hand on Ale's shoulder while everyone waited for the ambulance to arrive, which came quick, the paramedics immediately hooked the blonde up to a heart monitor and moved her on to a stretcher. Alexia joining inside of the ambulance with Nala while Ona and Mapi were the ones who drove to the hospital in one car, promising the other girls to keep them updated.

In the hospital, Thalia was immediately hooked on to a heart clip machine, making a video of her heart again.

"Is there anything that we need to know?"

Alexia looked at the doctor. "She's had a surgery in the past to close a hole in her heart and she's pregnant."

The doctors looked concerned as they read the readings. "Thank you. We will need to take her under to have another open-heart surgery. Her arteries aren't wide enough which that her muscles don't get enough blood transported. We will also be placing a pacemaker to regulate her heartbeat more."

Ona looked at the doctor. "How come that she never had troubles with it before?"

"Nothing can be said with certainty, but I suspect that it's because she's in shape. Because she keeps her body healthy, it's easier to regulate. Now with the pregnancy, and possible a greater amount of stress or things like anxiety, make it that the body beeds more blood circulated around than normal. It's also endangering the kid's life. We need to operate on her now. How many weeks is she?"

Alexia looked worried. "7 weeks now. We were supposed to get our first echo done next week."

The doctor nodded his head. "For what it's worth, congratulations. We need to take her away now."

The three Barca players nodded their heads as the doctor and a nurse unhooked Thalia from the machine and then wheeled her away to the Operating Room.

By the time that Thalia woke up, it was the next morning. The three Barca players had informed the rest of the team about what had happened and what was still happening.

When her blue eyes slowly fluttered open, her eyes hurt from the apparent white room that she was in. She rubbed her eyes, pain in her chest settling in, right when she was about to go into panic mode, a hand gently grabbed hers. The blonde's eyes shifted to see who it was, a feeling of relief washing over her when she looked into those beautiful hazel eyes that she loved so much.