50.

A/N: This is more of an epilogue than an actual chapter.

After the birth of the twins, Thalia and Alexia had to get used to being at home more to take care of them even though Margot was now living with them. The therapist and the athlete wanted to be there for their own kids. Alexia decided to have her schedule less packed, even if that meant that she had to let go of some partnerships but that was way less important than being around her kids. Both twins looked after Alexia and they grew up fast. 

The twins were true Barca kids, as soon as they were able to, they traveled with either their parents or their family to every match as Alexia played and Thalia was back as the physical therapist, after the games, the couple would greet their kids and pepper kisses all over them while Thalia tried to protect their faces from the cameras.

As they started to grow up, Alexia taught them football while Thalia always just sat back and told them they could become whatever they wanted to become. Even though the family had money, they wanted their kids to grow up like normal people did and they tried to not spoil their kids, wanting them to learn how to fend and work for themselves once they were old enough.

Ramiro and Azura both became fans of Barcelona and loved their moms very much. Ramiro even grew up loving soccer and going into the Barca academy, eventually growing up to be a star and living his own story as a world-known soccer star.

Azura on the other hand took off after Thalia. She preferred to live in the shadows and not have as much attention on her and pursued a career in the medical world where she became a surgeon, specialized in knees, shoulders and ankles, able to better the lives of hundreds of people.

No matter what the twins did, Thalia and Alexia were there along every step of the way to root for them and cheer them on, supporting their kids through their entire lives as they did what they had wanted to do, telling the stories of their own parents and their own youth.

Margot had needed time but eventually came to full term acceptance with what had happened to her. It took her years but she did manage to find a new lover in Barcelona and got married with him, pursuing her own love life in a search of a new kind of happiness. She became fluent in Spanish and with a donation from Alexia and Thalia, Margot also became a spokesperson for paraplegic people and a huge donator for cancer research in Spain, using her fame from being an actress to raise awareness.

eventually Margot found herself back in the film industry as a director and able to turn her newfound creativeness into movie ideas and scripts.

As for our main girliepops in this story, Thalia and Alexia.

Alexia was able to make a full recovery with her knee and dyed her hair pink when they became the Champions League winners of that season, able to also bring the World Cup home from Australia in that Summer. Alexia enjoyed her life as a pro-footballer and even though she had to drop one of her sponsorships, she still earned more than enough money and she supported her kids through all of their challenges in life.

After she retired from her professional career as a midfielder for the Barcelona team, Alexia went into a different kind of career route as the trainer of the women's team, ready to form the next line of Barcelona stars.

Alexia also supported Alba throughout her career as the younger Putellas sister became a world-known model, able to travel the world to do her job and do what she loved. Despite the married couple their warnings, Alba would spoil the children whenever she came around to visit and the two kids grew up absolutely loving their two aunties and grandma.

Eli lived to see the twins grow up and become young adults before she sadly passed away due to old age. Alba and Alexia organized a beautiful funeral where everyone who loved her attended, this included everyone from the old Barcelona team. It was a heavy loss but Eli had lived a long and prosperous life, her life feeling fulfilled, especially after being able to see her grandchildren grow up.

Thalia ended up going back to her job as the therapist for the Barcelona women's team when she got her life in order after giving birth to the two twins. She went back to living her life outside of social media and enjoyed being out of the spotlight and being able to just go somewhere without the entire world taking a look into her personal life where she refound her happiness in the peace and quietness. 

She also continued to support the players from the Barcelona team on a mental level but she learned to divide the attention between her and Pola and eventually, Pola's own student, the blonde's heart never troubling her again until she eventually retired, being waved off by the entirety of Barcelona after she had been such big part of the club for so many years.

even though their time with Barcelona was over, Thalia and Alexia felt fulfilled as they rode the rest of their lives based on making memories and traveling over the world because in the end, all they had ever needed was each other.

More than 30 years ago, they had promised to each other to lay besides each other no matter what happens and they stuck with that simple sentence.

Those few words which brought them closer together and created a bond that neither of them knew that it would create once they had said them for the very first time.

Those simple 4 words.

Said within a few seconds but a meaning behind them that would be carried out into eternity.

that single promise that they kept until the very end.

"I lay with you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to thank each and every one of you for reading and supporting this story.

If you haven't already and you loved this book, please leave a little star behind on the chapters that I have written.

This book has brought me so much tears of joy and sadness. You all did too. When I started writing this book, I couldn't have ever imagined that this would be a book with 125.000 reads. I still cannot wrap my mind around it. Thank you all so much. Your comments, screaming, yelling, crying, threats and love is what motivated me to write every single chapter and is what motivated me to finish this story.

This is the very first story that I have ever written by myself from the beginning and actually finished.

I hope that all of you have loved Thalia and Alexia's story as much as I did to write this. 

Again, thank you.

If you are interested, I am currently writing a story about Leah Williamson and Aitana Bonmati with future stories revolving around Mapi and Ona. 

If I see you there, I would be very happy to but I am also very happy with all of the support that you all have given me on this one. 

Now, after almost 3 months, 50 chapters, give or take 200 hours and 100.000 words, it is time to say goodbye.

Again, thank you.

Author out.