26.

Thalia perched her sunglasses on top of her head and locked eyes with the woman besides her. A huge smile grew on her face.

"Well, I'll be damned. Claire fucking Holt."

Thalia got up just as Claire did and the two hugged each other

Thalia got up just as Claire did and the two hugged each other. The hug was familiar and comfortable.

They held each other for a couple of seconds before the both of them sat down on their own poolside beds again.

"So how are you doing? How is life treating you?"

Just then a little boy ran up to them. "Mama! Did you see that? I went down the slide all on my own!"

Claire smiled at the boy, her eyes sparkling. "Yes! I saw it! I'm so proud of you! Hey, why don't you go look for your father and play shark with him?"

The little boy his eyes lit up as he ran away again.

Thalia smiled gently. "I can safely assume that he's yours?"

Claire looked proud. "Yes. He's the oldest. He's 4 now. I also have a daughter who is 3 and we have one on the way."

Thalia's smile grew as she looked at her ex-girlfriend. "I am so happy for you. You always loved and wanted kids."

Claire smiled. "Yeah, I'm very proud of them. They grow too fast. After I moved to America, I met Andrew Joblon and we got together. We've been married for almost 5 years now."

Thalia smiled gently. "I'm happy that your move to America was so succesfull."

Claire's smile disappeared as she looked at Thalia. "I'm sorry for leaving you behind in Australia like that. I had no right to just push you aside like that. Especially since we were together."

Thalia smiled at her ex. "There is no need to apologize. You went to America to live out your dreams as an actress and you made it. I'm just proud of you."

"What has been going on with you anyways?"

Thalia sighed and put her sunglasses back on, looking out over the pool. Claire chuckled knowingly. "That bad huh?" Thalia giggled. "Oh stop. The past few months have been the worst out of my life. Yes, even worse than when my dad found out about us dating."

Claire whistled. "That's impressive. Is that why you're here in Hawaii without your wife while you live in Barcelona?"

Thalia chuckled and nodded her head. "You can say something like that. You got the time?"

Claire looked out at the pool and saw her husband entertaining the kids. "Yeah sure. It's better than trying to entertain the kids."

Thalia stopped smiling, sighing softly. "Where do I even start? My secret marriage has been revealed to the entire world, my mom died due to cancer, I had to have an open heart surgery, hence the scar in the middle of my chest and to make everything complete, my wife of 3 years cheated on me with her ex. I fleed to America to Marge but she knew and came after me, which is sweet, but I just wanted and needed some space so after I have been locked up inside of a ferris wheel with my wife to talk things out, I gave her my wedding ring and told her I needed a break so here I am in Hawaii, enjoying a vacation on my own without my wife who I did everything with in the past couple years."