10.

Alexia couldn't sleep. She was too used to her wife being in her arms. Whenever she was on camp in a different country or whatever, she was prepared to sleep alone. She still wouldn't sleep great, but at least she could get some sleep.

Now she was just tossing and turning, unable to even find a comfortable position. It was their bed. Not hers. This wasn't right.

So after 2 hours of just tossing and turning, the athlete let out a very frustrated groan and eventually got up to walk around the room, debating whether she would go to her wife or not. She didn't want to wake her nor get her more agitated with the athlete than she already was.

They had never slept apart ever since they had moved in together 3 years before.

It was killing Alexia. She was still pacing around when she heard a noise. She immediately stopped with whatever she was doing and listened intently.

"Alexia."

It was just Thalia. A relief washed over the athlete and she tiptoed to the guest bedroom where Thalia was sleeping. She quietly opened the door and saw the blonde curled up in the bed, hugging her stuffed animal. She always slept with the stuffed animal.

"You asked for me?" Thalia had obviously been sleeping, her voice hoarse and quiet. "Come here." The athlete didn't hesitate and closed the door, tiptoeing to the bed and crawled in. When she settled down in the bed, Thalia forced her eyes open to look at the athlete. "You couldn't sleep?" Alexia was laying on her side, facing Thalia and raised her eyebrows. "How-" she was cut off by Thalia who gently placed her hand on Alexia's cheek. "I heard you groaning and then I heard some slight tapping. So I knew that you weren't asleep and walking around it's also something you do when you're very upset about something. Now shush and get some sleep."

Alexia leaned into the hand that was resting on her cheek and closed her eyes. She immediately relaxed, tiredness washed over her. She would always be marveled at the effect that the therapist had on her. "I- can you hold me?"

Alexia blushed as she asked that, looking at her wife with puppy eyes. Thalia groaned softly but layed down on her back anyways, placing the stuffed animal besides herself and then opened her arms for Alexia to snuggle. The athlete smiled and her stomach was filled with butterflies. She happily snuggled into Thalia, laying her head on the blonde's chest, listening to the calming heartbeat. The therapist wrapped her arms around the athlete, pulling her closer and kissed the top of her head.

When the therapist woke up the next morning, the first thing she noticed was that the athlete wasn't in bed with her. Thalia yawned and sat up, stretching her body. Afterwards she went to the closet and grabbed an oversized hoodie that she stole from Alexia. Since it was originally already an oversized hoodie, the hoodie fell down to her knees. She didn't have anything else on and headed downstairs to look for the athlete.

Alexia had woken up early in the morning and had quietly slipped out of the bed. She was determined to make it up to her wife.

So when the therapist came downstairs, she saw a sleeping Nala on the couch and then smelled pancakes. The blonde strolled into the kitchen and saw her wife standing behind the stove, making some pancakes. The therapist raised her eyebrows at the actions of the Spanish footballer but decided to stay quiet, making herself some coffee.

"Good morning Ale." Then the athlete spun around and smiled. "Good morning!"

Thalia took a sip from her coffee while the athlete's eyes traveled over the therapist's body. Her hair was up in a messy bun and her legs were bare. The blonde chuckled. "My eyes are up here." The athlete blushed as her eyes looked straight into the blonde's blue ones. "I'm sorry." The therapist shook her head. "It's okay, lets eat breakfast and then head to the gym, yeah?" The brunette nodded her head and finished making breakfast.