19.

A/N: I'm not sorry.

The four of them and Nala, who was now acting as a professional therapy dog, had been waiting anxiously for hours. Because it was a surgery on the heart, they had to crack Thalia's sternum open to be able to reach the heart in the first place.

And then there was the fact that they had to perform surgery on it, one wrong movement and Thalia would be a goner.

It was a very heavy surgery. A nurse had stopped by the room in the meantime to give the family updates about Thalia's condition and the surgery.

Up until now everything was going alright.

They had succesfully cracked her sternum open which would give them the access they needed to reach the heart. They had also done a full examination on the heart and everything simply just seemed to be going well.

Alexia being the one that asked the nurse if that meant that Thalia would be alright.

Despite knowing better to not to, the nurse told her that Thalia would be.

She never should have said that.

When the nurse was gone again, the tension in the room was still quite high but less noticable. They were relieved.

For now.

Another hour or so passed when suddenly all alarm bells went off in the hospital, the family seeing multiple nurses and doctors rushing. Nala picked up on the panic and also started to behave nervous, her barks high and worried.

Alexia tried to calm the little dog down by giving her treats but nothing seemed to work.

All four of them were worried, but it couldn't be Thalia, right?

The nurse said that she would be fine.

The hours turned into minutes and then into seconds. Every single second taking longer to pass. Margot, Ona, Tom and Alexia bonding over this extremely tense situation. Only Ona being able to crack a joke here or there to lighten the mood only slightly for a couple of seconds before the tension would return in tenfold.

The inside of Alexia's cheeks were non-existent as she had been biting the top layer off with the amount of anxiety that she had been feeling.

Half an hour passed since the alarms had gone off but it might as well have been 5 years with how old the family and Ona felt during this process of waiting.

It had been so long. She was fine.

Right?

Eventually, one of the surgeons entered the room. His face was emotionless but his eyes were sad.

"Good morning. Excuse me but are you the family of Thalia Esther Putellas Segura-Robbie?"

Everyone nodded their heads, Nala also being quiet except for some small whimpers.

"We are. I'm her twin sister. What happened? Is she okay?"

The surgeon sighed and slowly shook his head.

That's not good.

"I am sorry to report this back to you but mrs. Putellas Seguras-Robbie sadly passed away during the operation. The whole surgery was going good. Right when we wanted to close the heart, blood escaped and our sight disappeared. We pierced the heart too deep and from there, she immediately went into cardiac arrest. We tried everything we could. I'm sorry for your loss. Right before we put her under, she asked us to tell you all that she loved all of you. Especially someone called Alexia Putellas. She was forgiven fully. Ahem. You can see her in room 405 to say your goodbyes."