35.

After everyone was done in the rage room they all recollected themselves in the meeting room where Thalia had passed all kinds of sandwiches to everyone. A proud smile was on her face, the small dog walking around and silently asking for attention, ending up on Alexia's lap.

Everyone seemed to be so much more relaxed now.

"Okay, since we now got all of our bad energy out, let's talk about how we're feeling. Mapi and Patri, I asked the two of you seperately if you would like to come forth to talk about what happened during the national camp. I will give the two of you the word."

Thalia sat down on a chair, chomping down on sandwiches while Mapi and Patri stood up. Patri spoke.

"I know that we're all in the same boat and that some have it more difficult than others but Mapi and I, after consulting with Thalia, have decided to make ourselves unavailable for any international matchups until things truly start to change within the leadership."

"We decided to step out because we are not comfortable within the team and we need a safe environment. We believe that we can't continue to do our best and put our best performances in there."

Jenni spoke up, looking at the two with raised eyebrows. "So the two of you just ditch us?"

Mapi shook her head. "No. We've been suffering mentally. I know that we all have been. This is in no way to punish you but this is to hopefully open up the RFEF's eyes. We just hope that all of you respect that."

Alexia spoke up, shooting Jennifer a warning look. "Of course. You have every right to do what is the best for you. I'm sorry that they make you feel like this."

Patri smiled thankfully at their captain who had decided to speak up for the first time. Her demeanor was calm but Thalia saw the sheer anger and fire behind Alexia's eyes.

"I'm sorry that any of you had to go through any of the things that you all have been through. I'm sorry that I wasn't there to support you like a captain should have supported you girls. I care deeply about all of you and that's also why I'm convinced that we should keep on supporting each other and being there for one another. No matter what or which decisions we all make as individuals."

Ona stood up. "I also won't be there for the next camp. I made myself unavailable last weekend."

A lot of eyebrows were raised. Thalia's weren't, already having spoken about this thoroughly with the defender. She lightly cleared her throat. "That one is on me actually. I marked Ona as not being fit enough to play."

Misa raised her eyebrows. "Why did you do that? We need her!"

Thalia stayed calm. She expected people to get angry. It was part of this experience for people to discuss their feelings openly. It didn't matter in what way and Thalia would need a lot of patience today but she was prepared.

"Because she isn't. I am not putting people put for international duty when I am not sure if they will return and play for Barcelona."

Misa slammed her hands open on the table. "So you're just taking out one of our most important players!? Because of Barça!?"

Alexia looked ready to come to Thalia's defence but she got a quick warning look and only crossed her arms.

Thalia's calm blue eyes looked directly into Misa's angry eyes.

"I didn't put her up for unavailable because of Barca. I did it because of her mental health. I believed that she would come back in a worse state than now. You need to understand one very important thing of me. Everything I do is done after talking with the player it's about. I do everything with consent of the player."