42.

Thalia, Margot, Tom and Alexia couldn't sleep anymore. The day after that message had been read, Alexia immediately ordered the best of camera systems online and also hired bodyguards. Thalia was so filled with fear that she just shut down. Alexia immediately also called her a therapist so she would be able to get professional help, Alexia also put Thalia's socials on private, blocking everyone unknown from seeing her posts and interact with it.

Margot went as far as deleting her whole social media. Her accounts immediately terminated everywhere. This did cause a lot of rumors to rise up since both of the twins did this at the exact same time while Tom and Alexia's socials were still up and running. 

When Alexia didn't show up at practice the next day, the Barca girls were alarmed too and they sent Mapi and Ona to investigate, the two of them being inseparable so they did just that, throwing confused faces as people were installing a whole camera system as they walked up to the front door of the beautiful beach house. Mapi was the one to ring the doorbell while Ona knocked. 

The door opened and instead of being greeted by the two smiling faces, there was only one and the brunette was looking really, really stressed. Her skin was pale. Bags under her eyes. Her hair was a mess and she wasn't dressed as stylish as she would be normally. Mapi crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Wow, you look like shit."

Alexia rolled her eyes and stepped to the side, letting Mapi and Ona enter the house. "Hello to you too. Shithead."

Ona and Mapi walked in and Ona put her hand on Alexia's shoulder. "She wasn't lying. You really do look like shit."

Alexia groaned and followed the two of them inside of the house, locking the door behind them. They expected Thalia to be sitting up and the little dog barking happily, greeting the two friends but instead they were met with a sight that they hadn't seen before. Thalia was face-timing with Margot, a blanket over her body as she was laying curled up on the couch, Nala by her side, her small head gently laying against Thalia's arm as the little dog's eyes were looking sad and at her owner.

Ona crouched in front of the blonde and gently took hold of her hand. "Hey T, what happened?"

Thalia's eyes moved from her screen and twin to the brunette in front of her. Ona was taken back by how much fear she was seeing in those eyes alone, noticing how the blonde was shaking.

Mapi and Alexia walked away and to the kitchen, grabbing something to drink for the four of them while Alexia answered all of Mapi's questions, both talking in hushed voices. 

Ona gently looked at Thalia. "It's okay. You can tell me. What's going on sweetie?"

Thalia licked her dry lips slowly, her voice barely passing her lips as she tried to speak, her voice coming out in a hushed, shaking way. Ona wasn't able to catch it in time, kindly asking the blonde if she could repeat her words and moved closer to the blonde. "He's back."

Ona moved back and her eyes were big as she looked at her friend. "You mean... who I think who?"

A small voice serenaded from Thalia's phone. "Our father, yeah."

"Well... Fuck."

Thalia swallowed a lump that was forming in her throat and looked up at Ona. "I can't face him again O. I simply can't"

"What did he even say T?"

"He said that he finally found me."

Ona gently stroked Thalia's face. "That can mean anything T... It can also just mean that he found your social media. Margot and you aren't exactly the most unknown people in the world. It literally could have meant anything. Come on."