15.

Thalia had locked herself in her and Alexia's bedroom, thinking of everything that Tom had said, burying herself under the covers of the bed, hugging Alexia's pillow.

The scent of the brunette always calmed her down.

Downstairs the family knew that they needed to give Thalia some time and Alexia finished cooking her Paella, putting it on plates for everyone since no one was in the mood for a table dinner.

She set a plate apart for Thalia.

Sarie soon woke up from her nap on the couch and rubbed her eyes, immediately smelling the delicious Paella. Her whole face lit up and she looked at the brunette. "You're my favorite daughter-in-law." Everyone laughed at that since Alexia was the only daughter-in-law.

"Wait, where is Thalia? She loves your Paella."

The mood immediately went down, everyone munching on their food.

"Tom said some things to her. He was right but we don't think that she took it too well."

Alexia shook her head at Margot's words. "It's not particularly that she didn't take it well but more like she doesn't know how to take it. You have to realize that she has never done anything else than hide her feelings. Just give her time."

Sarie raised her eyebrows. "Wait, what did Tom say?"

Margot gave the answer. "Long speech short, he basically told her to stop hiding her true feelings from us and to open up more. She's not suffering alone. She never is."

Sarie nodded her head. "I never had the heart to tell her that. Thank you Tom."

Everyone looked surprised at Sarie's words. The older woman raised her eyebrows in return. "Oh, don't pretend like you all haven't had the same thoughts. The poor girl had been suffering alone her whole life. It's time that she starts to rely on you guys. Especially since I will... you know... probably be gone soon..."

Everyone's moods turned grim. Alexia finished her dinner and stood up. "I am going to go and check up on her."

Sarie nodded her head while Margot had started to cry in Tom's arms, the thought of her mom dying crushing her.

Alexia put her hand on Sarie's shoulder in support of the older woman and then headed upstairs. When she turned the doorknob, she was surprised to find it locked. She softly knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Her voice was small but clear. "It's me querida."

Some shuffling was heard, then soft footsteps and then the lock turned, the footsteps getting quieter again. Alexia opened the door and walked into the bedroom, closing the door behind her. She looked around the room to see that it was dark because of the closed curtains. The AC was on and the room looked abandoned except for the indication of a small heap laying underneath the covers.

Alexia slowly approached her wife and sat down on the little space that Thalia had left on the edge of her side of the bed.

Thalia was completely covered by the blankets. Some sad music was playing on the blonde's phone. Alexia paused it. She then slowly lifted the blankets and looked at her wife with a gentle smile. "Hi there."

Thalia looked up at Alexia with red and swollen eyes, tears still streaming out of her eyes. The moment that the blonde had hit the bed, she had started to cry and never stopped.

Alexia stood up and picked the small bundle that was Thalia up and laid down, placing the blonde on top her.

Thalia immediately clutched on to Alexia for dear life. Alexia wrapped her arms around the blonde, rubbing the blonde's back in soothing circles, the blonde crying into Alexia's chest, her hands gripping Alexia's shirt tightly.