44.

Alexia, Ona and Mapi looked at the door for a few seconds, Alexia holding Thalia's wedding ring until the captain suddenly burst out into a sprint, running out of the house and barely being able to catch up to Thalia just in time, hugging the smaller blonde from behind, stopping her in her tracks, the athlete's strong arms wrapped around the therapist's small waist. "At least give me a proper goodbye."

Thalia smiled sadly and turned around in Alexia's arms, gently placing her hand on the athlete's cheek, slightly pulling the athlete down so she could connect their foreheads together. "I will always love you querida. You truly have made me the happiest woman in the world since I met you those 6 years ago. I'm sorry that I have to leave. It's the only way."

Alexia nodded her head, fighting her tears back. "I know mi amor. I know." The athlete gently placed her hands on Thalia's bump, closing her eyes, a few tears still escaping out of her hazel eyes. "Please just promise me that you will do everything you can to keep yourself as safe as possible. I love you so much. And even if you- if you don't return back to me, I will always wait for you. You are my one true love. You always have been and you always will be."

Thalia desperately held Alexia's face in her hands and kissed her hard. The kiss was needy. The kiss was filled with love. The kiss was everything that their relationship had meant to them. Their 5 years of loving each other, all wrapped up in that one final kiss. All of the memories that they had made together returning to them as they held each other. All of the downfalls, all of the memories, all of the happy moments, all of the tough battles that they fought together. It all came back to them as they shared that one kiss that could very well be their last one ever.

After a couple of minutes, their lips broke apart from each other, their eyes slowly opening to meet one last time. 

"I will always lay with you."

"I will always lay with you too."

That was all that they needed to say.

It was all that they could say.

They couldn't say goodbye to one another. Saying goodbye would hurt too much. It would make it all real.

And they both knew all too well that this might be the last time that they would be able to touch and see each other. 

Thalia had to fight against the feeling of wanting to stay at home, fighting so hard against the feeling of staying in her lover's arms. Her lover who she had given her all to. Her lover who had given all of herself to the blonde too. 

Her lover who was la reina for everyone in the world but her lover who was just Alexia Putellas to her. As normal as any other person in the world. Just as normal as anyone else. But also the only person she ever found her rest with. 

And now, she was taking a step back, their hands moving from each other's face and waist down their arms until Thalia was standing as far away from Alexia that their finger tips barely held on to each other.

One more step and that contact was gone. Alexia swallowed her tears back. She didn't want that the blonde's last picture of her was to cry. No. She wanted Thalia to remember her by how much love she harbored for the blonde. Her eyes screamed her love, her eyes soft, a small smile on her face. Thalia did the same. She was scared and angry but her love for Alexia had been so, so different. It had been so real. And then...

Then the blonde gave Alexia one last bright smile before turning around, Alexia looking at the blonde's back as she walked away. She would wait there until Thalia disappeared out of sight. When she was gone, the athlete stayed standing still there. Looking into the darkness that had swallowed her wife. She stood there for a couple more minutes until she felt a hand grab her shoulder gently.